Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL
Special Forums Cybersecurity ACL Post 556 by Neo on Thursday 14th of December 2000 11:35:37 AM
Old 12-14-2000
http://www.freebsd.org/security/security.html

I don't recall FreeBSD having the ACL functionality built in to the kernel (other than the standard file permissions). I also did a quick check on the net and did not find any reference to having them. I did find posts in the bsd-security mail list archives complaining about the security architecture.

Here is the link to the FreeBSD security homepage:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

setting acl

Hi, I want to know how to set acl in aix via smitty and shell prompt, wheather we needs to install additional packages. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to create ACL

Hi, I generated a script that will create the list of dir/sub-dir and will allow to create the same on diff server. this is what i have done : #!/bin/ksh # Script to migrate the directory between the two servers. # Ver 0.1 # Author Krishna. D # c - create and e - extract directory if ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnadvn
1 Replies

3. Linux

ACL

Hi, I want to know what does the "effective" comment means in the output of the getfacl and whether it has to do with the acl mask... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gartlar
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ACL

Can i get the synopsis for add multiple users in single command for ACL access for a directory or a file thanks in advance dinu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

When did HP-UX have support for ACL?

Hello, I try to find what year HP-UX got support for ACL (Access Control List)? I know that HP-UX was the first Unix with ACL support, but it is very hard to find the information on when that occured. So anyone here know when that did happen? Any answers are appreciated, /eXpander (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eXpander
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need assistance on ACL

Hi Friends, I went through the ACL threads that were posted in the past but none were matching to my requirement . Hence starting a new thread . Challenge : user : a group : Test1 user: b group: Test2 Say under user a i create dir /tmp/debug with the privilege of 755 and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leobreaker
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL concept

Hi.. Could someone explain about setfacl,getfacl in unix and its uses. Regards, Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh sunkara
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ACL confusion

All, I am trying to clear ACL's completely from all files and folders in a directory. I can get the directories as cleared as: # owner: root # group: root user::rwx group::r-x other::rwx default:user::rwx default:group::r-x default:other::r-x What ever I do I can't remove the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
4 Replies
pam_console(8)						   System Administrator's Manual					    pam_console(8)

NAME
pam_console - control permissions for users at the system console SYNOPSIS
session optional /lib/security/pam_console.so auth required /lib/security/pam_console.so DESCRIPTION
pam_console.so is designed to give users at the physical console (virtual terminals and local xdm-managed X sessions by default, but that is configurable) capabilities that they would not otherwise have, and to take those capabilities away when the are no longer logged in at the console. It provides two main kinds of capabilities: file permissions and authentication. When a user logs in at the console and no other user is currently logged in at the console, pam_console.so will change permissions and own- ership of files as described in the file /etc/security/console.perms. That user may then log in on other terminals that are considered part of the console, and as long as the user is still logged in at any one of those terminals, that user will own those devices. When the user logs out of the last terminal, the console may be taken by the next user to log in. Other users who have logged in at the console during the time that the first user was logged in will not be given ownership of the devices unless they log in on one of the terminals; having done so on any one terminal, the next user will own those devices until he or she has logged out of every terminal that is part of the physical console. Then the race can start for the next user. In practice, this is not a problem; the physical console is not gener- ally in use by many people at the same time, and pam_console.so just tries to do the right thing in weird cases. ARGUMENTS
debug turns on debugging allow_nonroot_tty gain console locks and change permissions even if the TTY's owner is not root. permsfile=filename tells pam_console.so to get its permissions database from a different file than /etc/security/console.perms fstab=filename tells pam_console.so to read the table of configured filesystems from a file other than /etc/fstab when scanning permsfile. This file is used to map directories to device names. FILES
/var/run/console.lock /var/run/console/ /etc/security/console.apps /etc/security/console.perms SEE ALSO
console.perms(5) console.apps(5) /usr/doc/pam*/html/index.html pam_console_apply(8) /usr/doc/pam*/html/index.html BUGS
Let's hope not, but if you find any, please report them via the "Bug Track" link at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ AUTHOR
Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@redhat.com> Red Hat 2000/7/11 pam_console(8)