Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Whats Behind Your Name?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Whats Behind Your Name? Post 55589 by Anamika on Wednesday 15th of September 2004 09:40:43 AM
Old 09-15-2004
Hammer & Screwdriver

Eventhough "Anamika" is a gender neutral name...it is mostly used as a feminine name...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats does this mean

Found this piece of code written in ksh. I have no ideas what do the stuff like ${SRF##*\.} do. SUFFIX=${SRF##*\.} if ; then SUFFIX="" fi I have encountered similar expressions in other programs also. Any pointers on where to learn more about these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Whats the go?

woofie, Your posts are being deleted because your use of profanity. I am close to changing your status to read only. In fact, if you argue with the mods again, I will ban you from these boards. Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats the difference between $* and $@

Hi, whats the difference between $* and $@ in command line arguments to a shell scripts (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tell me whats wrong in this?

#! /bin/bash head -5 $1 echo "remove $1 ?" read answer if then echo invalid answer elif rm $1 echo "$1 is deleted" elif then echo file is not deleted else echo "invalid answer" fi What i really want this to do is to ask to delete the file or not..it says something wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadman123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tell me whats wrong with this

#! /bin/bash USAGE=" | ] if then echo "$USAGE" exit 1 fi while getopts lb: OPTION do case $(OPTION)in a) echo Hi there! exit 2;; b) echo hello o) OARG=$OPTARG;; \?)echo "$USAGE" ;; exit 2;; esac done shift `expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadman123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats this NAME=${0##*/}

hi all, i found NAME=${0##*/} in a script. i given this coomand in my unix box(presently in ksh). echo ${0##*/} it returned ksh. the purpose of the above is to return the shell name or more than that. do you have any more information like this, please share with me. one more query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

##*_ - whats this?

Hi all, could you please tell me whats this stands ##*_ 0##*/ i knew this alone if some more is there please tell me that also. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats wrong with this?

can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work how its supposed to, its the hangman game but it doesn't play how its supposed to #!/bin/bash NoAttempts="0" livesgiven="5" LivesRemain=$livesgiven LettersAttempted="" wordfile=words numwords=0 function menu() { clear cat << menu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ferrycorsten73
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Whats wrong with the following

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: ls -ld htdocs drwxr-x--- 3 root root 8192 2006-11-19 10:41 htdocs How would a host administrator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Larry_1
1 Replies
fribidi_get_par_direction(3)					Programmer's Manual				      fribidi_get_par_direction(3)

NAME
fribidi_get_par_direction - get base paragraph direction SYNOPSIS
#include <fribidi.h> FriBidiParType fribidi_get_par_direction ( const FriBidiCharType *bidi_types, const FriBidiStrIndex len ); PARAMETERS
const FriBidiCharType *bidi_types Input list of bidi types as returned by fribidi_get_bidi_types(). Possible values for a const FriBidiCharType are as follows: FRIBIDI_TYPE_LTR Left-To-Right letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RTL Right-To-Left letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_AL Arabic Letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_EN European Numeral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_AN Arabic Numeral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ES European number Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ET European number Terminator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_CS Common Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_NSM Non Spacing Mark. FRIBIDI_TYPE_BN Boundary Neutral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_BS Block Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_SS Segment Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_WS WhiteSpace. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ON Other Neutral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_LRE Left-to-Right Embedding. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RLE Right-to-Left Embedding. FRIBIDI_TYPE_LRO Left-to-Right Override. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RLO Right-to-Left Override. FRIBIDI_TYPE_PDF Pop Directional Flag. const FriBidiStrIndex len Input string length. DESCRIPTION
This function finds the base direction of a single paragraph, as defined by rule P2 of the Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm available at http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9/#P2. You typically do not need this function as fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels() knows how to compute base direction itself, but you may need this to implement a more sophisticated paragraph direction handling. Note that you can pass more than a paragraph to this function and the direction of the first non-neutral paragraph is returned, which is a very good heuristic to set direction of the neutral paragraphs at the beginning of text. For other neutral paragraphs, you better use the direction of the previous paragraph. RETURNS
Base pargraph direction. No weak paragraph direction is returned, only LTR, RTL, or ON. Possible values for a FriBidiParType are as follows: FRIBIDI_PAR_LTR Left-To-Right paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_RTL Right-To-Left paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_ON DirectiOn-Neutral paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_WLTR Weak Left To Right paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_WRTL Weak Right To Left paragraph. SEE ALSO
fribidi_charset_to_unicode(3), fribidi_unicode_to_charset(3), fribidi_parse_charset(3), fribidi_shape_arabic(3), fribidi_get_par_embed- ding_levels(3), fribidi_reorder_line(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type(3), fribidi_get_bidi_types(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type_name(3), fribidi_debug_status(3), fribidi_mirroring_status(3), fribidi_set_mirroring(3), fribidi_reorder_nsm_status(3), fribidi_set_reorder_nsm(3), fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_get_type(3), fribidi_get_type_internal(3), fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(3), fribidi_log2vis(3), fribidi_join_arabic(3), fribidi_get_joining_type(3), fribidi_get_joining_types(3), fribidi_get_joining_type_name(3), fribidi_get_mirror_char(3), fribidi_shape_mirroring(3), fribidi_shape(3) GNU FriBidi 0.19.3 25 August 2012 fribidi_get_par_direction(3)