Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding a Unix machine to the domain Post 55554 by Jody on Tuesday 14th of September 2004 03:34:43 PM
Old 09-14-2004
Are you speaking of an Active Directory domain, an NIS domain, or a DNS domain?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Unix Domain

hello, how can we create a domain in unix operating systems. By domain i mean which is used to maintain remote user logins and etc. cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX in MS Win2003 Domain

Hi, Can I make a UNIX or LINUX machine a member of MS Active Directory 2003? How? Regards Leo (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teamplay
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a host entry on another machine

I have written this small script to add an entry to a remote /etc/hosts file which needs to be run from our central admin box and is passed one parameter $1 <hostname> #!/bin/ksh echo "Which host entry would you like to add to $1" read host_to_add echo "what is the IP address?" read ip ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Unable to ping freebsd machine using fully qualified domain name

hi all. am unable to ping a freebsd machine using fully qualified domain name from a windows machine. i have already set the fqdn for the machine. plz advise me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Linux

Adding linux system into windows domain

Hi i need to add linux system into windows network .Tell me the procedure if anybody know. Thanks & Regards, Veerababu. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerababu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

help needed to put machine in domain

Hi All, I am working on Solaris sparc 9 and my computer name is mgsun. I want to bring this machine to a specific domain (e.g.-xx.xx.org). So please help me to do the same.. thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Adding Domain name n resolv.conf file without vi editor

Hi Guys, I want to add the domain name entry to resolv.conf file. when i use the vi editor to do it the changes are gone after DNS client is being restarted. In Solairs 11 I figured out svccfg command will help to retain the cinfguration. but in linux how do we do that. Also for Solaris are there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikk0508
2 Replies

9. SCO

Machine and domain renaming

HELP! I am running UNIX 7.1.4 and trying to change an existing machines' name, domain, and IP address. Uname -S and the new name changes the name but even when I use netcfg, I can not change the domain and IP. It is like it still thinks it is the old machine. I can not ping the new name or IP but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NC user
3 Replies
DROPLANG(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					       DROPLANG(1)

NAME
droplang - remove a PostgreSQL procedural language SYNOPSIS
droplang [ connection-options... ] langname [ dbname ] droplang [ connection-options... ] --list | -l dbname DESCRIPTION
droplang is a utility for removing an existing programming language from a PostgreSQL database. droplang can drop any procedural language, even those not supplied by the PostgreSQL distribution. Although backend programming languages can be removed directly using several SQL commands, it is recommended to use droplang because it performs a number of checks and is much easier to use. See DROP LANGUAGE [drop_language(7)] for more. OPTIONS
droplang accepts the following command line arguments: langname Specifies the name of the backend programming language to be removed. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies from which database the language should be removed. The default is to use the database with the same name as the current system user. -e --echo Displays SQL commands as they are executed. -l --list Shows a list of already installed languages in the target database (which must be specified). droplang also accepts the following command line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the Internet TCP/IP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as -W --password Force password prompt. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters. DIAGNOSTICS
Most error messages are self-explanatory. If not, run droplang with the --echo option and see under the respective SQL command for details. Check also under psql(1) for more possibilities. NOTES
Use createlang(1) to add a language. EXAMPLES
To remove pltcl: $ droplang pltcl dbname SEE ALSO
createlang(1), DROP LANGUAGE [drop_language(7)] Application 2002-11-22 DROPLANG(1)