Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can I use $1 several times in shell program? Post 55546 by whatisthis on Tuesday 14th of September 2004 12:41:06 PM
Old 09-14-2004
Data

I am sorry. It was typo.
second name variable should be address.

I tried address= $1. It didn't work.
Is it because within one function?
How do I know that if I am within same function?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

One shell script --2 parts need to execute during different times

Hi All, Have one job . first part of it needs to run on five days of the week , while second part of the job needs to run on two days of the week. How do I go abt this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbecentral
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking mem usage at specific times in a program

Hi all, I'm running a simulator and I'm noticing an slow increase in memory for long simulations such that the simulation has to end because of a lack of memory. A colleague of mine ran Valgrind memcheck and reported that nothing of interest was reported other than known mem leaks. My advisor... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pl4u
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Run a program many times

Hi I'm running a program many times with differents input. I mean that i run my_prog with some parameters and i wait till the end, then i start again another simulations with some others differents parameters. Is possible to make it automatic with a script bash. Maybe i need some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run x times

Hi, First i need to cd to this directory $SWDIR/util Second i need to run the following either 4 times or 20 times ./swadm add_process 1 BG Y how can i put this in a script which should ask for user input on how many times you want to run this Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script help shell session times out

while read s1 ; do url= suf=ignore=.csv; wget $url$s1$suf; sleep 5; cat /home/joey/public_html/charts/program/fn\charts/data/tickers/header.txt > $s1.txt; chmod 777 $s1.txt; sed '1d' table.csv?s\=$s1 >> /home/joey/public_html/charts/program/charts/data/tickers/$s1.txt; rm -Rf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
0 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Programming

Compare times to run a program - Serial vs MPI

Hi, I have a fortran program with serial and MPI version. I want to compare the time taken by these programs to run. I use ifort/gfortran compiler. How to compare the time taken by each program to run? Is there any sample code for comparison? Thanks, rpd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpd25
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbing a line a variable number of times in shell

Hi, I had another question. I was wondering if there was a way to tab a line a variable number of times in tcsh. To go into details, I want to tab a line by how deep a file is in its path. So here is an example code: set filea=/blah1/blah2/blah3 set fileb=/blah1/blah2/blah3/blah4 set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chu816
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell program- how many times a function is called

We have a program source C and is required to indicate how many times each function is called from the C program. also print the line number where there is a call. I've tried something like this: #!/bin/sh for i in $*;do if ! then echo $i is not a C file. else echo $i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oana06
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a program multiple times to search pattern and assign structure

Hi all, I have a big file (n.txt) with following pattern: ATOM 1 N SER A 1 122.392 152.261 138.190 1.00 0.00 N ATOM 2 CA SER A 1 122.726 151.241 139.183 1.00 0.00 C TER ENDMDL ATOM 1 N SER A 1 114.207 142.287 135.439 1.00 0.00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
3 Replies
IS_KSEG_VA(9r)															    IS_KSEG_VA(9r)

NAME
IS_KSEG_VA, IS_SEG0_VA, IS_SEG1_VA - General: Determine if the specified address is located in the kernel-unmapped address space, the user- mapped address space, and the kernel-mapped address space. SYNOPSIS
void IS_KSEG_VA( unsigned long addr ); void IS_SEG0_VA( unsigned long addr ); void IS_SEG1_VA( unsigned long addr ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the virtual address. DESCRIPTION
The IS_KSEG_VA routine determines if the specified address is located in the kernel-unmapped address space. The IS_SEG0_VA routine deter- mines if the specified address is located in the user-mapped address space. The IS_SEG1_VA routine determines if the specified address is located in the kernel-mapped address space. RETURN VALUES
None EXAMPLE
The following code fragment shows a call to IS_KSEG_VA: . . . caddr_t virt_addr; [1] unsigned phys_addr; [2] . . . if(IS_KSEG_VA(virt_addr)) { [3] phys_addr = KSEG_TO_PHYS(virt_addr); [4] . . . Declares a variable to store the user buffer's virtual address. Declares a variable to store the physical address returned by KSEG_TO_PHYS. Before calling KSEG_TO_PHYS, calls IS_KSEG_VA to determine if the virtual address is from the kernel-unmapped address space. If the virtual address is from the kernel-unmapped address space, then calls KSEG_TO_PHYS to convert the address to a corresponding physi- cal address. SEE ALSO
Routines: KSEG_TO_PHYS(9r), PHYS_TO_KSEG(9r) IS_KSEG_VA(9r)