Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting asked question about script before missed ansewr.. Post 55240 by moxxx68 on Tuesday 7th of September 2004 07:54:59 AM
Old 09-07-2004
Computer actually!

Smilie actually it worked !
I have no words to tell you how amazed I am at the fact that i missed it by a mile trying to script it in when it was so simple..
{ clear; date; pwd; tty; printf " etc etc" > /dev/pts/3 }
thanx a million..
thanx moxxx68
Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Question ever asked

How do I cahnge my plan under my profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: D3adRabbit
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I thought I asked the question before but I haven't sorry

:D could any one answer my previous question... just looked through logg and found no such question that I had asked.. please any input would help \.. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

vgchgid missed one disk

Hi, Suppose I have 3 disks c0t0d0, c0t0d1, and c0t0d2 all with the *same* VGID. I then run: # vgchgid /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0 /dev/rdsk/c0t0d1 (notice I *accidentally* skipped the third disk!) How would I fix this so that all 3 disks have the same VGID again? I'm looking for step-by-step... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
7 Replies

4. AIX

Career Advice Asked

Dear All i am working on windows plattform and i am interested in Aix so i have done IBM Aix certification, can you please suggest Aix filed is good for my carrier,currently i am working as Desktop admin edit by bakunin: please understand that the question you raised has nothing to do with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manzur13
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable not getting asked....

Hello all, I am trying to pass or trying to get a variable assinged...but seemed like i am doing something wrong here.... so lets say abc.txt(spool the output out) is my file, where i am doing select * Fro mv$version inside my DB and getting some info. -/home/oracle/logs >cat abc.txt SQL>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
1 Replies

6. Linux

Apache folder missed

Hi, I am confused on apache service. Please advice me There is no apache directory in my linux box. Even I cant find out httpd.conf file also. But If browse my Hostname in Internet Explor, I can able to apache service there. Please How it is working .. This file is available in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find missed numbers

I have a file as follows: 1 3 7 12 78 ... 999998 1000000 I want to find out all numbers not in the file above and put into another file like 2 4 5 6 8 9 10 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can I trace who asked for reboot

Hi, I have an unexpected reboot happening on a Debian 9.9 server. Yesterday 2019-12-01 at 8:30:34 a reboot happened without me or my team being aware: /var/log/syslog:Dec 1 08:30:34 xxxx shutdown: shutting down for system reboot /var/log/syslog:Dec 1 08:30:34 xxxx init: Switching to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies
MOUNT_PTYFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    MOUNT_PTYFS(8)

NAME
mount_ptyfs -- mount the /dev/pts file system SYNOPSIS
mount_ptyfs [-g group|gid] [-m mode] [-o options] ptyfs mount_point DESCRIPTION
The mount_ptyfs command attaches an instance of the pseudo-terminal device filesystem to the global filesystem namespace. The conventional mount point is /dev/pts. The directory specified by mount_point is converted to an absolute path before use. This command is normally exe- cuted by mount(8) at boot time. The filesystem contains pseudo-terminal slave device nodes which are allocated dynamically via ptm(4), or they are already open via tradi- tional BSD style ptys. The options are as follows: -g group|gid Specify the group ownership of the slave pseudo-tty. -m mode Specify the default mode of the slave pseudo-tty. -o Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separated string of options. mount_ptyfs specific options are group which corresponds to -g, and mode which corresponds to -m. See the mount(8) man page for pos- sible options and their meanings. FILES
n The nth pseudo-terminal device in use. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), ptm(4), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ptyfs utility first appeared in NetBSD 3.0. BUGS
When multiple instances are mounted, they all display the union of the ptys used in each instance, not just the ones used in the particular instance. BSD
September 19, 2012 BSD