Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers OBP saying boot is disabled?? Post 55208 by Perderabo on Monday 6th of September 2004 09:38:19 AM
Old 09-06-2004
Try this sequence:

setenv auto-boot? false
reset-all
setenv auto-boot? true
boot cdrom -s

But I don't know why you're using -s on an install. Don't you want "boot cdrom"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

2. Solaris

OBP on Solaris 10-intel

Hi All, How can I go to OBP on Solaris 10-intel? I tried doing ctrl+c or ctrl+break, it won't go to the "ok" prompt. Thanks in advance, itik (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

3. Solaris

OBP search...

Hello experts... In OBP(OK prompt)... How can i know whole command if i know part of a command? Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

4. Solaris

OBP update

hi all i am using sun blade 150 (sparc) running solaris 5.10 on that. How can i update the OBP firmware? where cai download the latest (compatible) version for this hardware? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OBP explained.

Hi Gurus, Correct me if I am wrong. Booting an OS means loading it in memory . What is OBP in solaris. If we are typing some commands at ok> where are we actually do that. What is the difference between frimware and OBP. I know I am asking silly things but I need answers. :):) Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with OBP.

Hi Gurus, I am totally confused :wall: . I have some questions regarding OBP,EEPROMand NVRAM, BIOS. What actually are these how do they function and interact on a Sparc based solaris system. What is ok> ? What is system Firmware ? How does the system startup? Trying to google... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
8 Replies

7. Solaris

cron gets disabled during boot.

I have a few Solaris 10 boxes that when I reboot then cron gets disabled. I can do svcadm enable cron and the service start fine and run until I reboot and then it gets disabled. svc:/system/cron:default (clock daemon (cron)) State: disabled since Thu Dec 01 10:40:48 2011 Reason:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GroveTuckey
7 Replies

8. Solaris

FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled

Dear all, I Need your help,my server v240 with sun solaris 10 can't remote login.I try conncet via rsc and then go to OK prom....and i get the status : {1} ok boot -a FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled {1} ok boot cdrom -s FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

9. Solaris

V240 no OBP or console available

Hey guys, I recently replaced the heatsinks on two different V240's. Repasted and replaced them myself. After attempting to bring them back up, there was no display coming from the KVM. I figured it was a matter of environment in OBP and attempted to get to the OK prompt from the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielSluder
20 Replies

10. Solaris

T4-2 OBP problem

Hi can anyone help me Got a T4-2, when I try to save any enviroment varaible at the OBP for instance auto-boot false or output-device screen I get the error: Warning: Error storing configuration. No space left, check SP and other logs. Cleared the SP logs (well only ones I could find) did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-EFI-BOOT-GENERATOR(8)				    systemd-efi-boot-generator				     SYSTEMD-EFI-BOOT-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-efi-boot-generator - Generator for automatically mounting the EFI System Partition used by the current boot to /boot SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-efi-boot-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-efi-boot-generator is a generator that automatically creates mount and automount units for the EFI System Partition (ESP), mounting it to /boot. Note that this generator will execute no operation on non-EFI systems, on systems where the boot loader does not communicate the used ESP to the OS, on systems where /boot is an explicitly configured mount (for example, listed in fstab(5)) or where the /boot mount point is non-empty. Since this generator creates an automount unit, the mount will only be activated on-demand, when accessed. systemd-efi-boot-generator implements the generator specification[1]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.mount(5), systemd.automount(5), systemd-gpt-auto-generator(8), gummiboot(8), fstab(5) NOTES
1. generator specification http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Generators systemd 208 SYSTEMD-EFI-BOOT-GENERATOR(8)