Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extremely Interested
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extremely Interested Post 5520 by LivinFree on Thursday 16th of August 2001 01:16:42 AM
Old 08-16-2001

I agree completely, optimus_p. Also, to rid yourself of that silly keyword restriction, go here:
https://safeweb.com. If that doesn't work, check out https://216.231.173.218:8443/. They are devising a way (using safeweb) to foil literally all content filters, courtesy of TriangleBoy. Be sure to check out the "configure" section once you open a page with it - you can hide the entries in your history, block pop-ups... so on...

I use it to read bofh.ntk.net when I'm at work... Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interested, but lost.

Alright, so I'm interested in using Unix, but I have a couple of pretty basic questions: 1) What's the relationship between Linux and Unix? Are they one and the same, or completely different? 2) Can you use Unix on a laptop? and 3) Where can you get Unix? Thanks for listening. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ned
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interested in partial command output.

Command output is given to the console. As in the following case - wc -l filename produces following output nn filename From this, I am only interested with nn(rowcount). Cant we simply extract it thr console? I also tried with null device, I know as - /dev/null wc -l filename >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extremely New

I just loaded Cygwin on my XP deskop. I am TRYING to install a program that said it needs this program to run. How do I install or run a program? Keep in mind I just started with Unix yesterday:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gss
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Interested in bike riding !!! share your exp..

Hi folks, i know its totally diff topic on this community ... :-) Are you interested in bike riding !!! if yes , what is your fav bike ? what bike are you having now at your home ? what is your longest ride ? I have a indian made 200cc bike .. most of the time, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

In which sport are you interested?

I am swimmer and also gym is here . What sport do you practice ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
8 Replies
gvrng(1)																  gvrng(1)

NAME
gvrng - An interactive, introductory programming language. SYNTAX
gvrng [world file | program file] DESCRIPTION
Guido van Robot is a project developed by advanced high school students for use by their peers as a learning tool and precursor to the fur- ther study of programming with Python. It is a minimalistic programming language providing just enough syntax to help students learn the concepts of sequencing, conditional branching, looping and procedural abstraction. It's biggest strength is that it permits this learning in an environment that combines the thrill of problem-solving with instant visual feedback. In short, it is an interactive, introductory programming language that is excellent for learning the basic concepts of programming, applicable in any high-level language. Best of all, it's a whole lot of fun, too! At this point, you are probably asking yourself, "What is GvRng, specifically?" The gist of it is that it is a robot represented by a tri- angle on the screen that moves around in a world made up of streets and avenues, walls and "beepers", which Guido can collect or set. His actions are completely guided by a program written by the user. FILES
/usr/bin/gvrng /usr/lib/gvrng /usr/share/doc/gvrng AUTHORS
Stas Zytkiewicz - stasz@linux.isbeter.nl Waseem Daher - wdaher@mit.edu Steve Howell - showell@zipcon.net SEE ALSO
http://gvrng.sourceforge.net Stas Zytkiewicz 1.0 09/13/2004 gvrng(1)