Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Apple's X11 + KDE, using 10.3.5 - Please help!! :-( Post 54938 by gnerd on Saturday 28th of August 2004 02:45:42 AM
Old 08-28-2004
What you want to do is install kde in fink by the package "bundle-kde". After that is done, you can do "startx" or "startkde".

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE apple mouse

Hi - Does anyone else use KDE with apple hardware? I can't seem to find anything out there about apple mouse support for right-clicking. Any advice? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies
KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)						 KDE User's Manual						  KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)

NAME
kbuildsycoca4 - Rebuilds the system configuration cache. SYNOPSIS
kbuildsycoca4 [--nosignal | --noincremental | --checkstamps | --nocheckfiles | --global | --menutest | --track menu-id | --help | --help-qt | --help-kde | --help-all | --author | -v, --version | --license] DESCRIPTION
kbuildsycoca4, as part of the KDE command line tools ensures the proper operation of KDE by reading in all the .desktop, .xml, and .proto- col files to construct a binary database. KDE itself accesses this database during operation to provide configuration information a program needs to run. This tool is part of ksycoca4, which stands for KDE System Configuration Cache OPTIONS
--nosignal Do not signal applications to update --noincremental Disable incremental update, re-read everything --checkstamps Check file timestamps --nocheckfiles Disable checking files (dangerous) --global Create global database --menutest Perform menu generation test run only --track menu-id Track menu id for debug purposes --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v , --version Show version information --license Show license information USAGE
A standard way to run this program is by simply specifying the following command at the prompt kbuildsycoca4 FILES
/var/tmp/kde-$USER/ksycoca4 The default directory where the cache files are stored. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
$KDEDIRS Specifies which directories are part of the KDE installations SEE ALSO
kdeinit4 BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org: http://bugs.kde.org to report them. AUTHOR
Darian Lanx <content@openprojects.net>. 2010-01-04 KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)