Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix projects
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix projects Post 54857 by vedder10 on Thursday 26th of August 2004 09:47:39 AM
Old 08-26-2004
Thank you both for the great advice and helpful insight. So I was wondering now that I have started to also learn C programming, what development package would be good to get. Should I go for Turbo C++ or another suite?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is uses of unix shell script in database projects

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Users associated with projects

I have 3 projects for 3 oracle instances and 10-15 users associated with different projects is there any way i can list the users associated with all the projects .. i know one method of id -p but for that i have to su to each user The system was handed over to me configured by external vendor... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/system to projects

Hi guys, me again! :D I recently migrated a physical server to a zone, everything works perfectly except the /etc/system parameters. I was expecting that the migration process would consider the entries in the /etc/system file and create automatically the corresponding project. I know, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Want to contribute to unix opensource projects.

Hello , I am C++, Objective C , Qt ,developer on Mac OS X, iOS having around 4+ years of experience. I never got a chance to work on System Level programming. But I am very much interested in it. I don't want to do UI programming any more but I am doing just because of my current job profile.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: want2bcomecoder
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open-source projects to learn concurrency-managed network programming in Unix?

Hi, I am a mid-career programmer with extensive experience in object-oriented design and development in C, C++, and C#. I've written a number of multi-threaded server applications and background services, although my grasp of networking protocols is a bit weak: my current job drifted away from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTaoOfPhil
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Projects in Solaris 10

I need help with projects in Solaris 10, sparc system; and I am fairly new at this. I know I can add new parameters for projects in /etc/projects or projmod -a -K "task.max-lwps=(priv,100,deny)" myproject I know that there are current process using that old attribute. Logging the user out and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
MACUTIL(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)