Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions nned help on how to break admin options Post 54831 by dangral on Wednesday 25th of August 2004 03:31:07 PM
Old 08-25-2004
I can only speak for myself, but I'm no windows expert.
You may want to try posting this question at a dedicated windows forum and you would want to include the version of the OS and whether there is Novell or a similar software layer.

You may also want to try using google.

By the way, is it against your company policy to break through security measures?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i nned some help

hey, do any one have some sample ftp shell scripts. i have tried in the google but nothing worth has turned up. can u please send me some scripts to ftp from one server to another server and stuff like that. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejasingaraju17
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

break out of 'if'

is it possible? because i still need to keep on reading even though i don't want to read that particular line (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
7 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3X11)						     MIT X11R4							XUnmapWindow(3X11)

Name
       XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows

Syntax
       XUnmapWindow(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XUnmapSubwindows(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

w	 Specifies the window.

Description
       The function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an event.  If the specified window is already unmapped, has no
       effect.	Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed.  Any child window will no longer be visible until another
       map call is made on the parent.	In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped.  Unmapping
       a window will generate events on windows that were formerly obscured by it.

can generate a error.

The function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order.  It causes the X server to generate an event
       on each subwindow and events on formerly obscured windows.  Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one
       at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window.

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XDestroyWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11) XRaiseWindow(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XUnmapWindow(3X11)