Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory clean up
Operating Systems AIX Directory clean up Post 54815 by jango on Wednesday 25th of August 2004 09:00:46 AM
Old 08-25-2004
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your inputs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script to clean up a directory

I have to do a directory clean up on several machines. The task is as follows: go to a particular directory (cd /xxx) 1. create a directory ' SCRIPTCLEANUP ' ( i KNOW IT) loop through 2. List the directory 3. if directory and start with 'DQA' leave it, 4. if directory or file move it to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean up script

I have a script which would monitor a given directory and delete any files which are older than 10 days. I was going to set the 10 crob jobs to perform this operation for 10 different directories (some are actually sub-directories), but my boss doesn't like that idea, so I need to do that in one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean /etc/hosts

hi all, i need to write a script. it should be able to clean the /etc/hosts file like this: first field is the ip (what else ;)) second field is the fqdn (full qualified domain name) third field is the hostname the fourth to n'th field is the rest. i hope you understand what is needed?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DukeNuke2
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me clean this up

UNIX amature/novice. I've written a script (it works) that needs to be cleaned up. I'm searching for a way to perform a "go to , perform this then return" section of code. The books I have and searches i"ve done so far do not show me how to do this. I've pasted in the current code below. I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scanner248
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to clean PV id?

When I run command: >chdev -l hdisk1 -a pv=clear It shows Method error (/etc/methods/chgdisk): 0514-062 Cannot perform the requested function because the specified device is busy. run: #>fuser -kxuc /dev/raw1 /dev/raw1: How to clean PV id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean this script?

Hello guys, this script partially works but it's still pretty ugly and, moreover, if the month is jan/feb/mar... it doesn't work at all. Could anyone say me how to correct, cut and clean a little bit? #!/usr/bin/ksh egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /file/permission | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean up Scripts

Hi i have a perl script that i use to clean up empty folders on our server. I need to make a amendment to this to exclude certain folders. Folders are invisible to end users but must not be cleaned up by this script. folders i need protecting have unique names .Highres .HighresF .Lowres... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clean up the space

Hi I just want to clean up the space in UNIX. Is there any special command that does this process or do I need to manually type the following rm <filename> Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean 3 days before files, from a directory?

I have a Solaris System. I am using bash shell. I want to prepare a script which can do the below. There are few directories i need to clean. In those directories, I need to delete files which are older than 3 days. 3 days before files need to be deleted. The directories are as follows.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saidul
7 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)