Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions I need a free firewall besides zone alarm for XP PRO Post 54763 by zazzybob on Monday 23rd of August 2004 05:00:24 PM
Old 08-23-2004
About the best firewall for a Windows machine is to sit it behind a properly firewalled and configured Linux gateway!

You could try the built in Windows Firewall with XP - which has been "enhanced" in SP2.

But you know microsoft, they'll release a firewall patch next month, and then a patch to the firewall patch, and then a patch for the patched firewall patch, etc, etc.

cheers
ZB

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

XP PRO: good firewall

Can someone please recommend a good firewall for xp pro? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Looking for a free Pro C compiler

Hi does anybody know where I could get a free HP Unix Pro C Compiler? any website? Thanks for your help Dany (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dany
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

zone transfer - free site

Dear all, Did anyone in this forum know site that offer free DNS zone transfer? if anyon know, please reply my message. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown2205
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container

Hi all, I have a server running an Oracle database that is part of a Solaris M5000 container. Presumably this is referred to as a zone within a cluster, not sure if I get the terminology right. Anyway, a third-party manages the zone and unfortunately is not "helpful/friendly" to assist me on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

7. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies
FIREWALLD.CONF(5)						  firewalld.conf						 FIREWALLD.CONF(5)

NAME
firewalld.conf - firewalld configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/firewalld/firewalld.conf DESCRIPTION
firewalld.conf is loaded by firewalld during the initialization process. The file contains the basic configuration options for firewalld. OPTIONS
These are the options that can be set in the config file: DefaultZone This sets the default zone for connections or interfaces if the zone is not selected or specified by NetworkManager, initscripts or command line tool. The default zone is public. MinimalMark For some firewall settings several rules are needed in different tables to be able to handle packets in the correct way. To achieve that these packets are marked using the MARK target iptables(8) and ip6tables(8). With the MinimalMark option a block of marks can be reserved for private use; only marks over this value are used. The default MinimalMark value is 100. CleanupOnExit If firewalld stops, it cleans up all firewall rules. Setting this option to no or false leaves the current firewall rules untouched. The default value is yes or true. Lockdown If this option is enabled, firewall changes with the D-Bus interface will be limited to applications that are listed in the lockdown whitelist (see firewalld.lockdownwhitelist(5)). The default value is no or false. SEE ALSO
firewall-applet(1), firewalld(1), firewall-cmd(1), firewall-config(1), firewalld.conf(5), firewalld.direct(5), firewalld.icmptype(5), firewalld.lockdown-whitelist(5), firewall-offline-cmd(1), firewalld.richlanguage(5), firewalld.service(5), firewalld.zone(5), firewalld.zones(5) NOTES
firewalld home page at fedorahosted.org: http://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/ More documentation with examples: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD AUTHORS
Thomas Woerner <twoerner@redhat.com> Developer Jiri Popelka <jpopelka@redhat.com> Developer firewalld 0.3.9 FIREWALLD.CONF(5)