Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creator 3D Video Adapter
Operating Systems Solaris Creator 3D Video Adapter Post 54728 by Tux on Sunday 22nd of August 2004 06:53:06 PM
Old 08-22-2004
It sounds like you need a sync on green adaptor. SVGA monitors have distinct channels for vsync and hsync but older Sun boxes use sync on green (AFAIK). You need an adaptor that will sort this out for you.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

creator 3d / ffbconfig

got creator 3d card in my ultra10 solaris8. old sun monitor. what is best way to setup the ffbconfig?. i set to wrong resolution and messed up the CDE so that i could not read anything. Had to re-install solaris. easy way to get around this?. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S26+
6 Replies

2. Solaris

video adapter settings

Hi Please help to set the video adapter resolution, frequency. By default the frequency is 66Hz, 61 kHz, and the resolution 1024*768. Can I set different values. We use Solaris WS, SPARC. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for HEXA meta creator

Hi All, Need help how I can create a script generate a Meta if have give range. For e.g This is range 4264:4803 around 1440 device i need to built a script to create a meta file if I have input field as below Output format I need. Like that I need 40 meta with the rage of 30 device and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
0 Replies

5. AIX

Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0

Hi, We had a hardware problem with an IBM System p5 server, with AIX 5.2 We restore from a tape the last backup we had, but the server does not boot up as expected. The server try to mount some directories from a storage, but could not comunicate with them, we check the FC and everything is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
12 Replies
XvQueryAdaptors(3)						  libXv Functions						XvQueryAdaptors(3)

NAME
XvQueryAdaptors - return adaptor information for a screen SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvQueryAdaptors(Display *dpy, Window window, unsigned int *p_num_adaptors, XvAdaptorInfo **pp_adaptor_info); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. window Specifies a window of the screen for which the adaptor information is desired. p_num_adaptors A pointer to where the number of adaptors for the specified screen is returned. pp_adaptor_info A pointer to where the list of returned adaptor information is returned. DESCRIPTION
XvQueryAdaptors(3) returns an video adaptor information for the screen of the specified drawable. The XvAdaptorInfo structure has the following organiza- tion: typedef struct { XvPortID base_id; unsigned long num_ports; char type; char *name; unsigned long num_formats; XvFormat *formats; unsigned long num_adaptors; } XvAdaptorInfo; base_id The resource ID of the first adaptor port. num_ports The number of ports supported by the adaptor. type A bit mask with the value XvInputMask asserted if the adaptor supports video input, and value XvOutputMask asserted if the adaptor supports video output. In Xv protocol 2.2 and later, there are 3 new bits defined - XvVideoMask, XvStillMask and XvImageMask indi- cating that the adaptor is capable of video, still or image primitives respectively. name A vendor specific name that identifies the adaptor. num_formats The number of depth/visual id formats supported by the adaptor. formats A pointer to an array of XvFormat structures. The XvFormat structure has the following organization: typedef struct { char depth; unsigned long visual_id; } XvFormat; depth A drawable depth supported by the adaptor. visual_id A visual-id supported for the given depth by the adaptor. RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvQueryAdaptors(3) completed successfully. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable. [XvBadAlloc] Returned if XvQueryAdaptors(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request. DIAGNOSTICS
[Drawable] Returned if the requested drawable does not exist. SEE ALSO
XvFreeAdaptorInfo(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.7 XvQueryAdaptors(3)