Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about Auditing
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Question about Auditing Post 54688 by DPAI on Friday 20th of August 2004 03:47:03 PM
Old 08-20-2004
Question about Auditing

I was just going thru the auditing script ..
2 questions pop in mind .. Why did they move S81volmgmt .. What is the logic behind not loading it ..

2) Why the purpose of the device allocate entries

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 Auditing

How do I setup audit to alert on write conditions for individual files? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dxs
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auditing

:)I need a little help. I have sent all of our logs to our log server, but I can't send the audit logs that are in /var/log/audit.log. Can someone give me some type of idea to transfer these logs. Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
2 Replies

3. AIX

Auditing events

Hi there, I want to enable auditing for the following events in a critical AIX UNIX server by editing the /etc/syslog.conf file: Authentication events (login success, login failure, logout) Privilege use events (change to another user etc.) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venksel
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auditing script

I need a command line that will ls -l a directory and pick (grep?) all files that don't match a desired owner without losing track of the filename at any point. This way I can list later on "here are all the files with an incorrect owner". Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
4 Replies

5. AIX

Help me! AUDITING AIX

Hi All, i've a problem on a AIX server with audit config... when i start the audit i receive this error: root@****:/etc/security/audit > /usr/sbin/audit start Audit start cleanup: The system call does not exist on this system. ** failed setting kernel audit objects I don't understand... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

6. Solaris

BSM auditing

Hi , I don't want logs from a particular "library" to get recorded in the audit.log file. Is that possible with BSM? Please guide. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX auditing

can some give some tips, most common security issues or and kind of advice about auditing aix system? regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kinit auditing

I have implemented solaris login authenticating against an active directory server, using solaris x86 on a Dell R810 8xXeon CPUs and 262Gb RAM. The actual OS is: # uname -a SunOS ms-svr012 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc # cat /etc/release Oracle Solaris 10 9/10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
2 Replies

9. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX auditing

In our customer place somebody removed and PV from the server. I want the information like which user removed this PV. Is there any way to get PV removal information. When did the PV removed from the server ? Whether AIX auding will help ? Where i can get these information ? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
2 Replies
audswitch(2)							System Calls Manual						      audswitch(2)

NAME
audswitch() - suspend or resume auditing on the current process SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
suspends or resumes auditing within the current process. This call is restricted to users with the privilege. One of the following flags must be used for aflag: Suspend auditing on the current process. Resume auditing on the current process. can be used in processes with the privilege to temporarily suspend auditing during intervals where auditing is to be handled by the process itself. Auditing is suspended by a call to with the parameter and resumed later by a call to with the parameter. An call to resume auditing serves only to reverse the action of a previous call to suspend auditing. A call to to resume auditing when auditing is not suspended has no effect. affects only the current process. For example, cannot suspend auditing for processes from the current process. (Use (see setaudproc(2)) to enable or disable auditing for a process and its children). Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns If an error occurs, is returned and the global variable is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one of the following is true: The user does not possess the privilege. The input parameter is neither nor AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audevent(1M), audusr(1M), setaudproc(2), audit(5), privileges(5). audswitch(2)