Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix to winnt file transfer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix to winnt file transfer Post 5456 by cool1 on Wednesday 15th of August 2001 04:52:40 AM
Old 08-15-2001
Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by kapilv
Ftp from your unix machine to the NT machine or from your NT machine to your UNIX m/c.
If you are ftping from your unix m/c to NT m/c then the commands are
ftp ip address of your NT m/c
send filename or put filename

If you are ftping from your NT m/c to your UNIX m/c Then the commands are
ftp ip address of your UNIX m/c
get filename

Hope this helps
Good lord....I can sorta understand what's written here. But just trying to get a clearer picture of what's written here. On a network and from an NT pc command line one can type ftp ip adresss and get a connection to another box (client/server). You then type put location/filename filename. Would those two commands mean that you have connected to a UNIX 'box' (from an NT m/c) and trying to transfer a file to a certain directory?

If so than the get and put commands above should be reversed. Y/N?. I'm using NT m/c and that's what i type inorder to put files into certain directories. Do i make sense (maybe not huh)?
cool1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

File transfer from unix to NT box?

Is there a method to transfer a file from UNIX (AIX) to an NT box without the NT box having any special software running? I can ping the box via the network and I have a valid NT account to use. Is FTP a viable solution ? HELP! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvacc
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

importing database from unix to winnt

i am a unix-super-beginner (swaddled and weaned on windows) and am trying to import a database from a unix directory into winnt. can someone help me or am i a hopeless case? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadiecutie
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

rcp from winnt to unix

I try an RCP command from winnt to unix and it works only with 2 pc but with the two others it dosen't work....? MS-DOS return this error msg : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known. What can I do to resolve my probleme ? Dimitri Geneva - Switzerland (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix automatic file transfer

Hello, I am a beginner with korn shell scripting. I have got a text file that gets produced every night and I need to transfer it to a windows shared area. Is there any command line script (e.g FTP) that I could use to transfer the file automatically without manual intervention everyday? Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tagem
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to check for a directory during FTP from WinNT to HP-UNIX

hi All, I have to Ftp a Directory from the WinNt to Hp-Unix, before that i have to check wether the same directory is present on HP-Unix, if it is then i have to delete that,& do the fresh FTP. The problem is that i have to implement this in a C Program,which i have to develop on WinNT Envt.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asifkhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP

it's possible make a transfer file with a remote command from UNIX SYSTEM to another computer with WIN2000/XP ??? ex.(rsh,ssh ecc.....????) now i use FTP program or telnet connection but ,i find a solution for execute a transfre file in to shell script UNIX (sh or ksh) from windows system (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to transfer a file from unix to window

Hello sir/Madam, I m writing in unix prompt folllowing- >ftp <local ip> // my pc ip is 10.64.0.59 Then following message is displayed- "ftp: connect: Connection refused" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanking you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer file from unix to windows on same PC

Hi, Do any one know the shell script code to transfer a file from unix to windows on same PC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
tftp(1c)																  tftp(1c)

Name
       tftp - trivial file transfer program

Syntax
       tftp [host] [port]

Description
       The  command  provides  the  user interface to the Internet standard Trivial File Transfer Protocol.  The program allows a user to transfer
       files to and from a remote network site.  The remote host can be specified on the command line.	If you specify the remote host on the com-
       mand line uses host as the default host for future transfers.

If  a  port is specified, uses that port number instead of the standard service port.  When the user invokes the program enters its command
       interpreter and awaits instructions.  The prompt tftp> is displayed on the screen.

The following commands are recognized by

?		   Displays a help message that gives a brief summary of the commands.

ascii		   Specifies mode ascii.

binary		   Specifies mode binary.

connect host-name [ port ]
			   Sets the host and, optionally, sets port for transfers.  Note that the TFTP	protocol  does	not  maintain  connections
			   between transfers.  Because merely remembers what host should be used for transfers instead of actually creating a con-
			   nection, it is not necessary to use the command.  The remote host can be specified as part of the or commands.

get remote-file... [ local-file ]
			   Gets a file or set of files from the specified sources.  If the host has already been specified, the source can  be	in
			   the	form of a filename on the remote host.	If the host has not been specified, the source can be a string of the form
			   host:file, specifying both a host and filename at the same time.  If the latter form is used, the last hostname entered
			   becomes the default for future transfers.

mode		   Sets the file transfer type to network ASCII or binary.  The default type is network ASCII.

put local-file... [ remote-file/directory ]
			   Puts  a file or set of files to the specified remote file or directory.  If the remote host has already been specified,
			   the destination can be a filename on it.  If the remote host has not been specified, the destination can be a string of
			   the	form  host:filename,  specifying  both a host and filename at the same time.  If the latter form is used, the last
			   hostname entered becomes the default for future transfers.  If the remote-directory form is used, the  remote  host	is
			   assumed to be a UNIX machine.

quit		   Exits the program.

rexmt		   Sets the retransmit timer.

status		   Shows what believes to be the current connection status.

timeout		   Set the transaction timeout.

trace		   Sets the packet trace flag.

verbose		   Sets the verbose mode flag.

Restrictions
       Since the TFTP protocol does not support any authentication, files must be world read (writable) on the remote system.

Because	there  is  no user-login validation within the TFTP protocol, the remote site should have some sort of file access restrictions in
       place.  The exact methods are specific to each site.

tftp(1c)