Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help with oracle repair script Post 54520 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 17th of August 2004 11:48:33 AM
Old 08-17-2004
The SQL syntax is cleaned up, and there is a COMMIT; at the end
so your data changes are saved.

It really does'nt matter if you use an in list or not. It works just as well with one line update statements. It's just a bigger .SQL file. IMO.

this is a start:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

echo "enter file number "
read PFILE < /dev/tty      
let tmp=""
for result in `grep '^01,"' RLPU_PAR.$PFILE | cut -c 5-17`
do      
        printf \
"update po_ln set rcv_labels='N' where PO_ACTN_TP_CD = 'MAN' AND RCV_LABELS='Y' AND po_cd ='%s';\n" \
       $result

done
echo "COMMIT;"
exit

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck command - what does it check/repair??

While rebooting one of the UNIX systems here at work, the boot-up process halted and a message appeared telling me that I had to run the fsck command. The command to the best of my knowledge went something like : fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 Can someone give me a full list of this command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP recovery/repair mode

hello again all, assume I can not log in to the windows installation, (maybe) because of a system file corruption or failure.. however, I do log in to the system using the windows CD with R (repair) mode, that is the command line prompt. Is there a way in that command prompt to copy the files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to repair DNS

I am using Mac OS X and my server keeps crashing every several hours or so. I have checked the log file at /var/log/system.log and the entries closest to the crash read Mar 15 22:27:23 server servermgrd: servermgr_dns: no name available via DNS for 192.168.84.21 Mar 15 22:27:23 server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
4 Replies

4. Hardware

Repair HDD with approporiate partitioning

Hi gurus, this is non standard linux question but I thing linux could help with this :) I have HDD (Samsung) which contains bad sectors (or clusters/blocks - dont know exact terminology). I downloaded official software for diagnostic (bootable CD with free DOS and utility) - and I executed low... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX mirroring repair

Hello colleagues! One day I found that a LV was not mirrored properly. Some manipulations were realized so the mirroring became well. Please look jpg attached, may be it would be useful for somebody. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaySky
4 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

Where to get windows 7 iso file of repair?

I need to make a bootable usb of windows 7 repair disc iso file so that I can use it in case my system doesn't boot up. On net I am getting complete windows 7 OS iso but I need only the repair disc for making bootable iso. I am not sure whether I used right word by using the word disc here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies
ROLLBACK(7)                                                        SQL Commands                                                        ROLLBACK(7)

NAME
ROLLBACK - abort the current transaction SYNOPSIS
ROLLBACK [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
ROLLBACK rolls back the current transaction and causes all the updates made by the transaction to be discarded. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use COMMIT [commit(7)] to successfully terminate a transaction. Issuing ROLLBACK when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To abort all changes: ROLLBACK; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard only specifies the two forms ROLLBACK and ROLLBACK WORK. Otherwise, this command is fully conforming. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [rollback_to_savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ROLLBACK(7)