Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to access my cd-rom in unix? Post 54342 by cantona on Wednesday 11th of August 2004 03:53:22 AM
Old 08-11-2004
How to access my cd-rom in unix?

My os is freebsd.
How can I access the cd-rom?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Access on Unix

Hi everybody, my question is how to run an Access Database under Unix? I need to do that for a Web Application. Links or anything about this topic would be helpful!!! thanx luna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

how to access ports in UNIX

How to access to COM1 Port COM2 ports in UNIX is there any functions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot from cd-rom to access disk drives

Hello, I've booted a Digital Unix 4.0D system from cd-rom and I need to access the system's disk drives. I need to run the fixfdmn utility on the root domain so I need to create the root domain in /etc/fdmns. Could someone tell me how to access my system's disk drives after I've booted from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file access in unix..please help

Hi im using solaris. In ma unix system i had a perl file called cleanup.pl which deleted all my files in my system.Is there a way to know when this file was accessed( rather executed ) and by which user ???? basically i wan to know a way to know which user had accessed( or run the particular perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
1 Replies

6. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix File Access Right

Hi all, I am curious what does this mean for? My file access right is denoted as xxx xxx xxx +, what does the + sign mean? As I am having + sign in file access, I am not able to copy the file that is having + sign. Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
13 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

RDP access from UNIX.

Hi, How can I access remote desktop shared area from Unix. Like on Windows in Run we use //IP/address Is there any similar command on Unix. I am using HP-UX. Basically I need to transfer a file to Windows from Unix using a shell script. Quick response will be appreciated. Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peeyush Sehgal
5 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
README.freebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl 5.8.0 sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. There is a bug on FreeBSD, where the result of reading this symlink is can be wrong in certain circumstances (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. Perl will no longer be part of "base FreeBSD" Not as bad as it sounds--what this means is that Perl will no longer be part of the kernel build system of FreeBSD. Perl will still very probably be part of the "default install", and in any case the latest version will be in the ports system. The first FreeBSD version this change will affect is 5.0, all 4.n versions will keep the status quo. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLFREEBSD(1)