Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: two routers
Special Forums IP Networking two routers Post 54274 by kasia on Sunday 8th of August 2004 04:49:42 PM
Old 08-08-2004
Hey,

What else do I have to configure and how, anything in router1 or anything in router2?

Thanks,
Kasia

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

UNIX Routers/VPN

There is a small company with 3 locations in Idaho. Currently they are using UNIX with multiplexors from 10 years ago. They would like to speed up their downloads and connection speeds but don't want to pay more than they are paying right now. They currently pay $200/mo. The main office is in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jodibaxter
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Linksys 4 port cable/dsl routers

i was reading this thread and someone mentioned problems with the linksys 4 portcable/dsl routers, (BEF4somethingsomethingsomething) this is what i use on my network, and works great, BUT i have had a few strange problems, well my question is not too much of a question, but i would like to know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOS batch file to capture routers log

Hi, Please help to write DOS /Perl script to capture router AAA logs to store in file. RADIUS: id 1, priority 1, host 59.163.6.103, auth-port 1901, acct-port 1902 State: current UP, duration 1928071s, previous duration 0s Dead: total time 2798488914s, count 0 Authen:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilanna
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Script to configure few commands for a list of routers

Hi Can any one please guide me how can I configure a few commands for a few devices in file1.txt. username: user1 password: pass enable pass: ep file1.txt: device1.abc.com device2.abc.com router.xpy.com I want to apply all the config lines for each device in file1.txt ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Ping for 10 routers in a mesh

Hello All, I have 10 routers, and need to write a script so that each router pings each other and get the result in a file. We need to further extract the min/avg/max result and write a script to put in a excel file. E.g. LAB-R3A-7609#ping 6.6.6.6 Type escape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjugab
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script failed with expect on cisco routers

Hi all, I use a bash script which use expect to connect throught ssh and run command on a cisco router. The ssh connection with expect work fine, but the first command on the cisco router failed, I try to run the command in error by hand and it work fine... :( the first part of the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedomon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Telnet cisco routers

Hi all i have little problem finding solution about simple telnet script .... i have 250 routers and on some i have different password and on some they ask just for password no username. So for example 1,2,3 have username and password (user,password) 4, and 5 have different username and password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies
MRTGLIB(1)							       mrtg								MRTGLIB(1)

NAME
MRTG_lib.pm - Library for MRTG and support scripts SYNOPSIS
use MRTG_lib; my ($configfile, @target_names, %globalcfg, %targetcfg); readcfg($configfile, @target_names, \%globalcfg, \%targetcfg); my (@parsed_targets); cfgcheck(@target_names, \%globalcfg, \%targetcfg, @parsed_targets); DESCRIPTION
MRTG_lib is part of MRTG, the Multi Router Traffic Grapher. It was separated from MRTG to allow other programs to easily use the same config files. The main part of MRTG_lib is the config file parser but some other funcions are there too. $MRTG_lib::OS Type of OS: WIN, UNIX, VMS $MRTG_lib::SL Slash in the current OS. $MRTG_lib::PS Path separator in PATH variable "readcfg" "readcfg($file, @targets, \%globalcfg, \%targetcfg [, $prefix, \%extrules])" Reads a config file, parses it and fills some arrays and hashes. The mandatory arguments are: the name of the config file, a ref to an array which will be filled with a list of the target names, a hashref for the global configuration, a hashref for the target configuration. The configuration file syntax is: globaloption: value targetoption[targetname]: value aprefix*extglobal: value aprefix*exttarget[target2]: value E.g. workdir: /var/stat/mrtg target[router1]: 2:public@router1.local.net 14all*columns: 2 The global config hash has the structure $globalcfg{configoption} = 'value' The target config hash has the structure $targetcfg{configoption}{targetname} = 'value' See mrtg-reference for more information about the MRTG configuration syntax. "readcfg" can take two additional arguments to extend the config file syntax. This allows programs to put their configuration into the mrtg config file. The fifth argument is the prefix of the extension, the sixth argument is a hash with the checkrules for these extension settings. E.g. if the prefix is "14all" "readcfg" will check config lines that begin with "14all*", i.e. all lines like 14all*columns: 2 14all*graphsize[target3]: 500 200 against the rules in %extrules. The format of this hash is: $extrules{option} = [sub{$_[0] =~ m/^d+$/}, sub{"Error message for $_[0]"}] i.e. $extrules{option}[0] -> a test expression $extrules{option}[1] -> error message if test fails The first part of the array is a perl expression to test the value of the option. The test can access this value in the variable "$arg". The second part of the array is an error message to display when the test fails. The failed value can be integrated by using the variable "$arg". Config settings with an different prefix than the one given in the "readcfg" call are not checked but inserted into %globalcfg and %targetcfg. Prefixed settings keep their prefix in the config hashes: $targetcfg{'14all*graphsize'}{'target3'} = '500 200' "cfgcheck" "cfgcheck(@target_names, \%globalcfg, \%targetcfg, @parsed_targets)" Checks the configuration read by "readcfg". Checks the values in the config for syntactical and/or semantical errors. Sets defaults for some options. Parses the "target[...]" options and filles the array @parsed_targets ready for mrtg functions. The first three arguments are the same as for "readcfg". The fourth argument is an arrayref which will be filled with the parsed target defs. "cfgcheck" converts the values of target settings options, e.g. options[router1]: bits, growright to a hash: $targetcfg{'option'}{'bits'}{'router1'} = 1 $targetcfg{'option'}{'growright'}{'router1'} = 1 This is not done by "readcfg" so if you don't use "cfgcheck" you have to check the scalar variable $targetcfg{'option'}{'router1'} (MRTG allows options to be separated by space or ','). "ensureSL" "ensureSL($pathname)" Checks that the pathname does not contain double path separators and ends with a path separator. It uses $MRTG_lib::SL as path separator which will be / or depending on the OS. "log2rrd" "log2rrd ($router,\%globalcfg,\%targetcfg)" Convert log file to rrd format. Needs rrdtool. "datestr" "datestr(time)" Returns the time given in the argument as a nicely formated date string. The argument has to be in UNIX time format (seconds since 1970-1-1). "timestamp" "timestamp()" Return a string representing the current time. "setup_loghandlers" "setup_loghandlers(filename)" Install signalhandlers for __DIE__ and __WARN__ making the errors go the the specified destination. If filename is 'eventlog' mrtg will log to the windows event logger. "expistr" "expistr(time)" Returns the time given in the argument formatted suitable for HTTP Expire-Headers. "create_pid" "create_pid()" Creates a pid file for the mrtg daemon "demonize_me" "demonize_me()" Puts the running program into background, detaching it from the terminal. "populatecache" "populatecache(\%confcache, $host, $reread, $snmpoptshash)" Reads the SNMP variables ifDescr, ipAdEntIfIndex, ifPhysAddress, ifName from the host and stores the values in %confcache as follows: $confcache{$host}{'Descr'}{ifDescr}{oid} = (ifDescr or 'Dup') $confcache{$host}{'IP'}{ipAdEntIfIndex}{oid} = (ipAdEntIfIndex or 'Dup') $confcache{$host}{'Eth'}{ifPhysAddress}{oid} = (ifPhysAddress or 'Dup') $confcache{$host}{'Name'}{ifName}{oid} = (ifName or 'Dup') $confcache{$host}{'Type'}{ifType}{oid} = (ifType or 'Dup') The value (at the right side of =) is 'Dup' if a value was retrieved muliple times, the retrieved value else. "readconfcache" "my $confcache = readconfcache($file)" Preload the confcache from a file. "readfromconfcache" "writeconfcache($confcache,$file)" Store the current confcache into a file. "writeconfcache" "writeconfcache($confcache,$file)" Store the current confcache into a file. "storeincache" "storeincache($confcache,$host,$method,$key,$value)" "readfromcache" "readfromcache($confcache,$host,$method,$key)" "clearfromcache" "clearfromcache($confcache,$host)" "debug" "debug($type, $message)" Prints the message on STDERR if debugging is enabled for type type. A debug type is enabled if type is in array @main::DEBUG. AUTHORS
Rainer Bawidamann <Rainer.Bawidamann@rz.uni-ulm.de> (This Manpage) 2.17.4 2012-01-12 MRTGLIB(1)