Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking wokstation needs to either webserve or fileshare... Post 54146 by mistafeesh on Wednesday 4th of August 2004 05:45:49 AM
Old 08-04-2004
wokstation needs to either webserve or fileshare...

Hi guys 'n' gals. I have got myself into a state of confusion, and was wondering if you lot could help me out!

I have a G4 Mac OSX 10.3 computer which is my main workstation. Its not running especially fast, and I need to get it as freed up on resources as possible. I use the computer for a variety of graphics tasks - some of which are fairly intensive, but mostly I develop PHP/MySQL websites using Dreamweaver MX and BBedit. Obviously I need a webserver running to test these sites. And here the confusion begins:

I have three choices: I can

A. Run Apache, PHP and MySQL on the mac
B. Run them on a Linux box and fileshare from the Mac via NFS (My current setup)
C. Keep the files on the Linux Box and fileshare to the Mac (Dreamweaver didn't seem to like this very much when I tried it before - it slowed right down and kept hanging, but that was using SMB)

So, what's going to be least demanding on the Mac? Any ideas?

edit - and what's a wokstation anyway?!?!

Last edited by mistafeesh; 08-04-2004 at 06:52 AM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

samba fileshare across 2 diffrent workgroup

Hi im trying to configure samba on linux server so win client can access the shared files but my win client is on diffrent domain , we recently changed our domain name but not for certain servers... i guess the samba linux server is still part of our sub domain which is why i still can access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: halacil
4 Replies

2. AIX

CIFS/SMB mount NetApp (Windows) fileshare

Hi guys, I'm trying to mount a windows share (hosted on a NetApp filer with clustered Ontap 8.3) and I have no luck doing it. This worked before when we used an old NetApp with Ontap 7.3. Seems there is an issue with ASCII/non-unicode support. I'm wondering if anybody here has mounted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikedavis
7 Replies
MPSImageDescriptor(3)					 MetalPerformanceShaders.framework				     MPSImageDescriptor(3)

NAME
MPSImageDescriptor SYNOPSIS
#import <MPSImage.h> Inherits NSObject. Class Methods (__nonnull instancetype) + imageDescriptorWithChannelFormat:width:height:featureChannels: (__nonnull instancetype) + imageDescriptorWithChannelFormat:width:height:featureChannels:numberOfImages:usage: Properties NSUInteger width NSUInteger height NSUInteger featureChannels NSUInteger numberOfImages MTLPixelFormat pixelFormat MPSImageFeatureChannelFormat channelFormat MTLCPUCacheMode cpuCacheMode MTLStorageMode storageMode MTLTextureUsage usage Detailed Description MPSImage.h MPSCore.framework Copyright: Copyright (c) 2015-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. A MPSImage is a MTLTexture abstraction that allows for more than 4 channels, and for temporary images. This depends on Metal.framework A MPSImageDescriptor object describes a attributes of MPSImage and is used to create one (see MPSImage discussion below) Method Documentation + (__nonnull instancetype) imageDescriptorWithChannelFormat: (MPSImageFeatureChannelFormat) channelFormat(NSUInteger) width(NSUInteger) height(NSUInteger) featureChannels Create a MPSImageDescriptor for a single read/write cnn image. + (__nonnull instancetype) imageDescriptorWithChannelFormat: (MPSImageFeatureChannelFormat) channelFormat(NSUInteger) width(NSUInteger) height(NSUInteger) featureChannels(NSUInteger) numberOfImages(MTLTextureUsage) usage Create a MPSImageDescriptor for a read/write cnn image with option to set usage and batch size (numberOfImages). Property Documentation - channelFormat [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The storage format to use for each channel in the image. - cpuCacheMode [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] Options to specify CPU cache mode of texture resource. Default = MTLCPUCacheModeDefaultCache - featureChannels [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The number of feature channels per pixel. Default = 1. - height [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The height of the CNN image. The formal height of the CNN image in pixels. Default = 1. - numberOfImages [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The number of images for batch processing. Default = 1. - pixelFormat [read], [nonatomic], [assign] The MTLPixelFormat expected for the underlying texture. - storageMode [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] To specify storage mode of texture resource. Storage mode options: Default = MTLStorageModeShared on iOS MTLStorageModeManaged on Mac OSX MTLStorageModeShared not supported on Mac OSX. See Metal headers for synchronization requirements when using StorageModeManaged - usage [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] Description of texture usage. Default = MTLTextureUsageShaderRead/Write - width [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] The width of the CNN image. The formal width of the CNN image in pixels. Default = 1. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for MetalPerformanceShaders.framework from the source code. Version MetalPerformanceShaders-100 Thu Feb 8 2018 MPSImageDescriptor(3)