Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers vi/vim : complex pattern substitution Post 54119 by c444l on Tuesday 3rd of August 2004 01:33:04 AM
Old 08-03-2004
vi/vim : complex pattern substitution

I use vim. I have a lot of SQL queries to write, and am hoping there is some wild command I can use in vim to make this simpler.

From a file that is a list of fields, like the excerpt, for example:

Code:
orderdetail.ccntyfips
orderdetail.citemord
orderdetail.coffdetid

I want to go to this:

Code:
COUNT(DISTINCT(orderdetail.ccntyfips)) as ccntyfips,
COUNT(DISTINCT(orderdetail.citemord)) as citemord,
COUNT(DISTINCT(orderdetail.coffdetid)) as coffdetid,

I'm not sure if such a thing can be done with one line of command. Fortunately, all lines will be in the same format.. tablename.fieldname. so I know that I need to do something like:

Code:
:%s/[tablename].[fieldname]/COUNT(DISTINCT([tablename].[fieldname])) as [fieldname],/g

If this is possible what would the proper syntax be?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match and substitution, can you help?

pattern match and substitution, can you help? file named test.txt I want to replace all the words Event with the word Fatal in all lines containing the word ERR - but I also want to keep the output of the other lines not matching ERR Test.txt: Event 13 INF egegegege Event 14 INF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex command substitution

hi, I have to execute this line below from within a shell script; simply backquoting it is not doing the trick; it is mangling up all the options; but when i type it out on a command line, it executes cleanly. Please help me in getting this right; $ vlc -I dummy --sout='#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spopuri
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:string substitution Pattern: ='abc...',

Hi friends, I want to substitute "a ='....'," with ":" in everywhere in a string using Perl. Details: ---------- my $str= " c1='fgfasfgasggfgff.,akhkhahha', c2='bbbn', c3='hg5 sh' "; Required o/p: $str= " c1:c2:c3 " I tried as below: $str=~ s/=\'.*\',/:/g ; print "str=... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vim: help with substitution

What is the appropriate command should i use to insert a character(example A) in front of line 1 to line 200...Pls help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vim help - delete words in a file or characters after pattern

I have a file with words that begin with character #. Whenver that character is found that word should be deleted throughout the file. How do I do that in VIM. e.g: afkajfa ladfa ljafa #222222 kjafad ljl afajkj kjlj uouu #44444 jlkj lkjl Output should be afkajfa ladfa ljafa kjafad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osbourneric
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern substitution issue?

Hello everyone ... I'm going crazy, I hope some of you can help me ... I have to replace a line in a crontab like this: 5 2 * * 2 root backupdat with this: 5 5 * * 3 root backupdat the command I use is the following: sed -i.bak -e 's/5 2 * * 2 root backupdat/5 5 * * 3 root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ionral
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitution mid pattern?

Hi there, I have a file that goes like this: b_cdbc_db_cd_bcd_aaa-bcd_cd That type of format, for many lines. What I want to do is enter a new line character for after the _ I write an expression to find "_...-" fine, but I don't know how to substitute this to be: "_\naaa-" - where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maximus73
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - pattern match - apply substitution

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX and in process of creating a re-startable script that connects to Oracle and executes the statements. The sample contents of the file1 is CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DB_V.TAB1 AS SELECT * FROM DB_T.TAB1; .... CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DB_V.TAB10 AS SELECT * FROM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
9 Replies
rudecgi(3)							   User Manuals 							rudecgi(3)

NAME
rudecgi - access formdata in CGI applications SYNOPSIS
#include <rude/cgi.h> rude::CGI CGI(); static void finish(); static const char *version(); static void setPathDelimiter(char delimiter); static void addPathMapName(const char *pathname ); static void setPathMapVoid(const char *emptyname); static void parsePathMap(bool shouldParse); static void parsePath(bool shouldParse); static void parseCookies(bool shouldParse); static void maxPostLength(long bytes); void setCaseSensitive(bool isCaseSensitive); int numValues() const; int numValues(const char *fieldname) const; const char *fieldnameAt(int position) const; bool exists(const char *fieldname) const; bool isFile(int index) const; bool isFile(const char *fieldname) const; bool isFile(const char *fieldname, int position); const char *datasource(int index) const; const char *datasource(const char *fieldname) const; const char *datasource(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char * operator[](const char *fieldname); const char * operator[](int x); const char *value(int index) const; const char *value(const char *fieldname) const; const char *value(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char *length(int index) const; const char *length(const char *fieldname) const; const char *length(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char *contenttype(int index) const; const char *contenttype(const char *fieldname) const; const char *contenttype(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char *filename(int index) const; const char *filename(const char *fieldname) const; const char *filename(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char *filepath(int index) const; const char *filepath(const char *fieldname) const; const char *filepath(const char *fieldname, int position) const; std::ostream& operator<<(std::ostream& os,const CGI& cgi); DESCRIPTION
The RudeCGI library is used to access formdata within C++ CGI applications. EXAMPLES
Examples, how-to's and tutorials can also be found at the rudeserver.com website Basic Usage #include <rude/cgi.h> #include <iostream> using namespace std; using namespace rude; int main(void) { // Obtain the cgi instance // CGI cgi; // Print out standard CGI HTTP Response header // cout << "Content-Type: text/html0; // Print out HTML // cout << "<html><body>" << "You selected the color: " ; // use the cgi object to obtain form data // cout << cgi["color"]; cout << "</body></html>"; return 0; } SEE ALSO
rudeconfig(3), rudedatabase(3), rudesocket(3), rudesession(3) REPORTING PROBLEMS
Before reporting a problem, please check the rudeserver.com web site to verify that you have the latest version of rudecgi; otherwise, obtain the latest version and see if the problem still exists. Please read the FAQ at: http://www.rudeserver.com/ before asking for help. Send questions and/or comments to matt@rudeserver.com AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2000 Matthew Flood (matt@rudeserver.com) This software is provided "as-is," without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. See the distribution directory with respect to requirements governing redistribution. Thanks to all the people who reported problems and suggested various improvements in rudecgi; who are too numerous to cite here. Version 4.1.1 January 11, 2006 rudecgi(3)