Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: KDE names
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? KDE names Post 53535 by zazzybob on Sunday 18th of July 2004 10:26:18 AM
Old 07-18-2004
Kompact Disc for the CD-ROM?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Kde 3.0

Hello, i,ve installed suse with kde 3.0, I had never used an X for unix before. So I don't know much. Most things were easy to find, but what anoyes me a lot is that the desktop is larger than mij monitor, so I have to move my mouse to see the rest of the desktop. I've tried to set the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: counTnegaTive
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kde path......

Hi all, I have a big problems here... In the install of FreeBSD 4.6, I've installed Kde3.0.0 . So, the file path is now : file:/root/.kde . And I want my user to access it... and maybe move it to another area (In the usr/local... because you know... my root directory isn't very tall...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KDE on Solaris 9

hi guys : can KDE be installed on solaris 9 (intel) and if so , does any one know how to do or provide a refrence document for this procedure ? thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: behmoth
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X-Server without KDE

Hi, i want to start the X-Server without KDE or other Window Manager. I need the X Server vor a Java Applikation! Perhaps anybody can help me how to start it simply. thanks cu Arne (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hatzwatz
6 Replies

5. Linux

I cannot init kde

hi everyone, I met a problem. Before I shut down the computer, I run some C++ program with saving data files in the computer. But next time when I start the computer, it said the space is not enough to start the kde. Then I login to the save mode and deleted some files. And restart, this time I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elfyl
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

updating kde 3.5 to 4.0

i know i can find doc's to upgrade on like thats not what im looking for im just here to ask how hard on 1 to 10 is it to do and how long would you say... please not im not a unix pro nor have any phython perl or c background but i do know html little php and basic qbasic and purebasic ... and is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: revolver
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KDE on Solaris ?

I want to install KDE on my Solaris PC , I downloaded solaris companion CD and question is there KDE available to install because I want that all my households work on one stable PC , but one condition is they must have K3B for burning files , and some GUI torrent program for downloading like Vuze... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies
NRPORTS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							NRPORTS(5)

NAME
nrports - NET/ROM port configuration file. DESCRIPTION
Nrports is an ASCII file that contains information about each of the NET/ROM ports that are to be used. When dealing with an NET/ROM util- ity such as call, it takes an optional argument that is the port name. This port name is a reference to the line within nrports, which has the same name. The information on each line contains enough information to bind the command to a particular NET/ROM interface, this binding is done by matching the callsign on the line in nrports with the callsign of the port set by ifconfig. The nrports file may contain comments that begin with a # in the first column, or a port description in the following format, each field being delimited by white space: name callsign alias paclen description The field descriptions are: name this is the unique NET/ROM port identifier. callsign the callsign of the NET/ROM interface to bind to. alias this is the alias of the NET/ROM port. paclen is the default packet size for this interface. description a free format description of this interface, this field extends to the end of the line. It may contain spaces. FILES
/etc/ax25/nrports SEE ALSO
call(1), netrom(4), ifconfig(8), nrparms(8). Linux 2 August 1996 NRPORTS(5)