Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Past Time
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Past Time Post 53521 by gnerd on Friday 16th of July 2004 11:08:28 PM
Old 07-17-2004
Well, i guess being root counts as being a sys. admin. ^_^
Well, I read books on computers, i sleep (and dream of computers) and well... heck, Im rarely away from my computer. So I guess I really don't do anything else.... Jeez, this is sad Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help getting past unzip password

Anyone know how to automate the Unzip password prompt? I need to unzip a window's file in Unix without manually typing in the password. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny Lam
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't backup past /etc/magic

Hi, We've gotta bit of a problem regarding backups. Sometimes when we run a backup from a script : find . -print |grep -v "^\.\/newicc" | grep -v "^\.\/proc" >$LST cat $LST | cpio -oBcav > /dev/rmt/1cb It quite often it seems to hang when it reaches the /etc/magic file. This happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulC
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get date and time for past 1 hour from current date

Hi, I need to get the date and time for past 1 hour from the current date. Anyone know how to do so? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spch2o
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i past environment variables?

i am asking to do somethings like: make use of 2 environment variables: ASS1_DATA_DIR specifies the location of the input data files ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR specifies the location of the output data files i have something like that; #set environment variables set VARIABLE1=ASS1_DATA_DIR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
5 Replies

5. Solaris

NTP force system time in the past

Hello I have a question that may sound stupid after and maybe it is. We are syncing our sytem time via ntp from a reference time server. all works quite well but due to a mall applikation which not accepts timestamps from our servers that in the future, and if it even was 1 ms, we have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demwz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get past 30 mins time in Solaris?

Hi guys, could you help to find a way to get the past 30 mins time in solaris. version: bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS solaris 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc I had tried the following ways, it works fine in GNU Linux, but doesn't work in Solaris. # date Tue Apr 2 01:01:49 CST... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambious
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

From past 10 days my one job is taking lots of time

One of my job is taking long running time. I need to identify from the unix log file can you please help how to troubleshoot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Can't get past google verification

Trying to register the Verification step is blocking me. I've allowed all the intrusive Google trackers and Java. Tried different browsers with no blocking. Nothing is working. Says: "Try again later Your computer maybe ... " What weird is in this forum section I can pass the recaptcha but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). config.guess (2005-09-19) September 2005 CONFIG.GUESS(1)