Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux test command
Operating Systems Linux Linux test command Post 53442 by ddegrendele on Thursday 15th of July 2004 04:23:01 AM
Old 07-15-2004
TEST command

Indeed, ran also the test command on both OS'ses and came to the same result.

Maybe you are looking for the find command, and when a file is found you can use the -exec option.

Cheers.
Dieter

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

A wireless test tool for linux?

hi all: I want to find a wireless test tool for linux , just linke netstumbler on windows . i find the tool for long time , but i cann't find one. does somebody give a advice. thanks!!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture the data in Linux .While doing load test.

Hi All, I am trying to capture the data in linux .While doing load test. is there's any sample script please help me. Linux test4 2.6.18-308.8.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri May 4 16:43:02 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam1226
5 Replies
DH_AUTO_TEST(1)                                                      Debhelper                                                     DH_AUTO_TEST(1)

NAME
dh_auto_test - automatically runs a package's test suites SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_test [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_test is a debhelper program that tries to automatically run a package's test suite. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a test or check target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If the test suite fails, the command will exit nonzero. If there's no test suite, it will exit zero without doing anything. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages with a test suite. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_test at all, and just run the test suite manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_test usually passes. NOTES
If the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable contains nocheck, no tests will be performed. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_TEST(1)