Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem installing openssh v2.9-p2 Post 5343 by mib on Saturday 11th of August 2001 01:48:38 AM
Old 08-11-2001
try
./configure --with-ssl-dir=/path/to/openssl/libraries

Usually /usr/local/ssl/include

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing openSSH 3.5p1 on Solaris 5.6

Hello, I have installed OpenSSH_3.5p1 On Solaris 5.6. Specifically, I have installed these packages: OBSDssh-3.5p1-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg DJBdaemon-0.76-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg ANDIrand-0.7-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg All three packages have installed successfully. From this point, I can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucker8
8 Replies

2. SCO

Installing and using openSSH on SCO 5.0.6

I have a few resources that I have read that show what I need, openSSL and zlib of one version or another to get openSSH to work to start. Here is my dilemma to start, I will need to compile the source for the openSS* and the zlib, but when I type "make" into the command prompt I get "make: not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PinkLemonade
8 Replies

3. Solaris

problem while installing on X-86

Hi all, I tried to install Sun Solaris 10 on a X-86 based machine. I have dedicated entire diskspace to create auto partition. My hardware config is below: Main Board : Asus Processor : Intel 945 , 3 G/Hz RAM : 1 Gigs Diskspace : 80 Gigs When I install, installation goes successful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A problem about openssh

When I first link a computer with ssh , the information "Warning: Permanently added ... (RSA) to the list of known hosts." will be occured. How can i avoid this information without use the parameter '-q'? tks!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragehunter
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 6.1 - openssh - problem

Hello, I am new in aix unix. First i install openssl - success, next step i try install openssh when i put command geninstall -Y -d /myssh openssh.base i have this message: What is the problem? Thanks for help. Sorry for my bad english i still learning. ---------- Post updated at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
2 Replies

6. Fedora

OpenSSH Problem

Hello, I cannot seem to loggon to a machine using ssh/scp. Whenevr I do it closes the connection (error message : lost connection)but it appears to be the host machine closing rather than the destination which puzzles me even more. What is even weirder is that as a root user it works but as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with OpenSSH Remote Port Forwarding with Bind_address

As in the ssh(1) man page: -R bind_address:]port:host:hostport .......By default, the listening socket on the server will be bound to the loopback interface only. This may be overridden by specifying a bind_address. An empty bind_address, or the address `*', indicates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.zuhd
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with perl openssh

hello, can anyone help me with this problem? im just a beginner and currently starting to program in perl, also i just installed openssh because what i really need is to ssh to a ubuntu server. so I tried my code: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Net::OpenSHH; my $ssh =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samohung390
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem installing companion CD

Hi everyone, Im very new to solaris and im trying to install the companion CD remotly via telent on my sunfire V120 server i have running. I download the iso off the net then burned it to cd. I have tried various how to's.. but its still not working.. The commands they tell me to imput come... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smitty944
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing OPENSSH 6.2P2 on RHEL 4, 64B failed

make: Leaving directory `/u01/openssh-6.2p2/openbsd-compat' gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-builtin-memset -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -DSSHDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" - D_PATH_SSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scao
0 Replies
SSL_set_fd(3)							      OpenSSL							     SSL_set_fd(3)

NAME
SSL_set_fd - connect the SSL object with a file descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_set_fd(SSL *ssl, int fd); int SSL_set_rfd(SSL *ssl, int fd); int SSL_set_wfd(SSL *ssl, int fd); DESCRIPTION
SSL_set_fd() sets the file descriptor fd as the input/output facility for the TLS/SSL (encrypted) side of ssl. fd will typically be the socket file descriptor of a network connection. When performing the operation, a socket BIO is automatically created to interface between the ssl and fd. The BIO and hence the SSL engine inherit the behaviour of fd. If fd is non-blocking, the ssl will also have non-blocking behaviour. If there was already a BIO connected to ssl, BIO_free() will be called (for both the reading and writing side, if different). SSL_set_rfd() and SSL_set_wfd() perform the respective action, but only for the read channel or the write channel, which can be set inde- pendently. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: 0 The operation failed. Check the error stack to find out why. 1 The operation succeeded. SEE ALSO
SSL_get_fd(3), SSL_set_bio(3), SSL_connect(3), SSL_accept(3), SSL_shutdown(3), ssl(3) , bio(3) 0.9.7d 2002-04-30 SSL_set_fd(3)