Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 4.3.3 boot error
Operating Systems AIX AIX 4.3.3 boot error Post 53378 by dupeng on Wednesday 14th of July 2004 05:12:27 AM
Old 07-14-2004
According to this homepage:

http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/pser.../ledsearch.htm

518 means "Remote mount of the root (/) and /usr file systems failed during network boot".

Don't you try to boot it from network? Have you checked SMS settings?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 4.3.3 boot error code 0555

Hi All, I have a machine(pSeries 7602-6H1) with AIX 4.3.3 installed. When i try to power it on, it moves through the boot sequence till it gets to closing stdin and stdout. From that point onwards, the diagnostic display moves until it gets to 0555 then the system stays there. Any ideas... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayigbe
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX hangs on boot

Hi guys, Got a tiny bit of a problem on one of our servers here at work. I installed AIX 5.3 on the server and that went fine. Then I upgraded to ML 5300-05-01, but now the system just hangs on boot. The system starts up and the monitor comes on in few minutes, but a few seconds later when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drchris
6 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 Boot Errors

IBM P Series #7026 Error Codes #E47E212E - init #1BA70F4E - SRC #BA431EB7 - SRC #C69F5C9B- SYSPROC #369DO49B - SYSPFS This happens on reboot the core dump fills up the root file system so I don't think it completes the dump. I can't read the core file with dbx. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tholmes
6 Replies

5. AIX

AIX does not boot after power on

We have a RS6000, model B50, type 7046, where I installed AIX 4.3.3 But, if the power goes off, the operating system does not restart, and I have to go there and push the button to start AIX again. Is there any way this procedure to be avoided, this is, I want the AIX to start automatically... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebastia.net
9 Replies

6. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Boot Scripts

Hi, can someone point me to the bootup file where I can add a samba start up script so I dont have to manually start samba everytime we reboot the server? Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
8 Replies

8. AIX

Can't boot AIX

Good afternoon there, One of my friend gave me an old IBM 44P Model 170 (I've planned to use it to learn AIX that I don't know at all) (I know a bit GNU/Linux (Debian, Archlinux, Red Hat, Slackware)). But, unfortunately, the computer doesn't start properly and I don't have any idea why ;(. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
6 Replies

9. AIX

Create First boot AIX 6.1

haii guys,.. How make first boot at AIX 6.1 OS. I Will all new install Aix. How the Command make first boot and step by step new installation Aix 6.1 ? have Idea :)? regard williamen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
7 Replies
ISIBOOTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       ISIBOOTD(8)

NAME
isibootd -- TRFS based network boot server SYNOPSIS
isibootd [-d tracelevel] [-i interface] [-s directory] DESCRIPTION
The isibootd command is a server which supports OMRON LUNA's network boot protocol based on the Transparent Remote File System (TRFS) proto- col. The TRFS protocol uses special Ethernet type packets and works within a local network. isibootd is a simple TRFS server that only supports client reads for booting and exports files in a specified directory. isibootd accepts requests only from clients listed in the /etc/ethers and have valid hostnames. The options are as follows: -d tracelevel Run isibootd in debug mode with specified tracelevel. The tracelevel can be value 1, 2, or 3, and greater tracelevel provides more detailed trace output. The server will not fork in the debug mode. -i interface Specify a network interface to service network boot. If not specified isibootd searches available network interfaces (excluding loopback) and use the first configured ``up'' one. -s directory Specify a directory containing boot files to be served by isibootd. If not specified isibootd uses /tftpboot by default. FILES
/etc/ethers /etc/hosts /tftpboot /var/run/isibootd.pid SEE ALSO
ethers(5), hosts(5), tftpd(8) http://www.NetBSD.org/ports/luna68k/install.html HISTORY
isibootd is based on isiboot utility which was originally written by Tohru Nishimura for NetBSD/luna68k development, and first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
December 15, 2011 BSD