Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Serial printer cutting last page of long reports... Post 53264 by djsal on Friday 9th of July 2004 11:52:33 AM
Old 07-09-2004
Serial printer cutting last page of long reports...

Any ideas what could cause this? I have flow control set to XON XOFF on the printer and the on the OS level.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Skipping page by UNIX printer

I have HP UNIX 10.20 and whenever anything is printed on DFX 8000, it skips a page. How could I give an lp command so that a) the printer does not skip a page b) Even if it skips a page, the next time it should automatically use the blank page it has ejected. In this way, I can reduce the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

add printer on serial port

I want to add printer on a serial port can I get full details of all parameters like baudrate, parity,flow control, ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable form feed on a serial printer connected to Sco OpenServer

I connected a serial printer to my scoOpenServer which works great. I was able to disable the banner in the interface of the printer. However i am unable to find the command in the interface to disable the formfeed . Below is a copy of the interface file. Please can anyone instruct me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Accessing printer through serial port

Hey, im new to processing so any help you could give me would be much appreciated. I am trying to get control of the rollers on my 9 pin dot matrix printer (epson LX 300+). Initially I was going to do this through arduino but hope to do it through processing using the serialwrite programme. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hougeman
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX printer and extra blank page after each print

Guy's I have installed AIX direct Network printer as the below details.... printer1 hp@printer1 hplj-3 (HP-GL/2) Printer is printing fain and clearly but it's printing extra blank page after each print ? What's the couse of this problem ? Pls advice ! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
6 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Printer Issue: Blank Page Printing.

We have configured Network printers in AIX 6.1. We are facing a Weird problem in Printing. While printing the user is getting a blank page after 2 pages. Please let us know the cause of this issue and ways to rectify it. If this is problem with banner/feeds how to view the default banner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sugan_p
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cutting long text by special char around 100 byte and newline

Regard, How can i cut the text by special char(|) around 100 byte and write the other of the text at newline using Perl. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
3 Replies

8. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly

Hello. First happy new year to everybody. I have a script that generate a text file ( /tmp/part_list.txt for example ). This file can be edited using a kde graphical text editor like kate or kwrite The file can be printed out from command line or within the text editor using the print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Newbie reports: some posts show only the title and bottom-of-page menu. No text in the middle!

When I try to look at some of the posts (like "Rookie Grandmother"), I see the thread title and the menu at the bottom, but not the text of the post in the middle. I can see ALL of the posts in the Recent menu, but NONE of the others. The screenshot I attached shows the situation. I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRWoodward
2 Replies
emux_stty(1)						      General Commands Manual						      emux_stty(1)

NAME
- set the options for a port on the HP PCI/EISA Mux. SYNOPSIS
options] DESCRIPTION
The command options are used to turn on and off a number of special flags used for controlling driver I/O processing on a PCI/EISA Multi- plexer (Mux) port. These commands are enhancements to the standard commands, and will affect the operation of the port. Several options address problems encountered with software flow control when trying to run at high speeds. This type of problem typically occurs when the application fails to properly initialize the tty port using software flow control. At low speeds (i.e., 9600 baud or less) the problems are not evident because flow control is not typically invoked by the terminal. The HP PCI/EISA Mux card has the ability to output sustained high-speed data without degradation. This will sometimes break programs that may operate properly at low speeds or with lower performance multiplexer cards. Many of the output modes are implemented in the PCI/EISA Mux hardware. This allows greater throughput with less CPU processing overhead than other serial I/O devices. There are some features which are still handled by the line discipline and the use of these features results in traditional CPU overheads and throughput. If is not enabled then maximum output performance will be achieved. Even if is enabled, the following settings are handled in the hardware and maximum output performance will still be maintained. The use of other settings will result in additional software overhead on output characters. Use of "raw" mode on input will also maximize throughput and reduce CPU processing overheads. However, even in raw mode some and settings require line discipline intervention. Applications that want maximum throughput and/or minimal CPU overhead should avoid the following settings: The line discipline also supports the "block mode" feature. When a device is in "block mode", software overhead is introduced to handle the device protocol and the benefits of the PCI/EISA Mux hardware are also mitigated. By default, the PCI/EISA mux driver automatically bypasses the line discipline whenever possible to maximize performance. However, the user can disable this automatic bypass of the line discipline using the and options described later. This may be needed for applications that rely on certain behaviors of the line discipline. The special options permit programs with this problem to be run at high speeds without requiring the application to be modified. The use of these features is transparent to the user. The commands are usually enabled at the terminal using the format: emux_stty [+(-) option] or, they may be entered from the console, and redirected to the port in which they are to take effect. For example, emux_stty [+(-) option] < /dev/tty2a1 See below for the new naming conventions used for HP PCI/EISA Mux ports. DISPLAY OPTIONS
To see the complete list of available options and syntax for the command, enter without options. The commands are: Report the current settings of the emux_stty options. Display the HP PCI/EISA Mux hardware configuration, including the logical card number, ID, slot, and type of the cards that are installed and configured. Use emux_stty dtr 1 to force the DTR control signal high, regardless of the application. (dtr 0 causes a return to the default DTR behav- ior). Ignore (do not ignore) the option, which permits any character to act as an XON character for resuming output. A number of applications enable the feature in the standard profile. This destroys the integrity of software flow control because any user type ahead is erroneously interpreted as an XON after the terminal sends an XOFF. The command is provided to correct the most common application-related problems experienced when running terminals at high speed. NOTE: is transparent to users. It should always be set for terminal speeds above 9600bps when hardware flow con- trol is not used. Ignore (do not ignore) the option, which is used by some applications to disable XON/XOFF software flow control. Setting this option forces the driver to apply XON/XOFF flow control to the port, regardless of whether or not the application has set Enter (exit) physical loopback mode. This is a good test for the wiring and hardware because characters typed at the terminal are echoed back to the terminal. If no characters show up back at the terminal, this may indicate a wiring problem. Do not enter the command directly from a termi- nal. When the terminal is placed in the loopback mode, you are not able to enter any more commands! Powering the terminal off and on does not help. Always redirect the command from the console to the port in question, e.g., entering Lock (unlock) a port's parameters (speed, character size, etc.), so that subsequent commands to the port are ignored (can be executed). Bypass (do not bypass) standard line discipline processing, on either input ( or output ( respectively. These options are provided to support applications which rely on special code embedded in the line discipline, and may have trouble running with the line discipline being bypassed. Force a printer port to stay open even if the application attempts to close it. (-lp returns the port to normal operation). This is useful because the spooler does not always reset the parameters correctly when the port is closed at the end of a print job. After this command is entered any attempts to close the port will be ignored. Display the current status of the RS-232 modem control signals (RTS, CTS, DSR, DCD, DTR, and RI) for a port. Resume output on flow controlled ports. If a port is flow controlled (i.e., it receives an XOFF), the process is put to sleep until an XON is received to unblock the process and permits it to be killed. This option can only be executed by a user with root capability, since it accesses a privileged file. To restart port /dev/tty2a1, enter the command NOTE: The device file name must contain only the instance number, port module and port number when used with the option. Display the hardware status registers of a port. This option can only be executed by a user with root capability, since it accesses a privileged file. To display the hardware status registers for port /dev/tty2a1, enter the command NOTE: The device file name must contain only the instance number, port module and port number. Forces a port to honor and pass (not pass) XON/XOFF software flow control, until the port is closed, or the option is disabled. This is useful for applications that need to see XON/XOFF characters. NAMING CONVENTION
HP PCI/EISA Mux ports use the following syntax for naming device files: where categoties are: tty = direct connect ttyd = modem dial-in cul = modem dial-out cua = modem dial-out with automatic caller; refers to a device instance number; refers to a port module whose legal range is 'a' to 'h'; and refers to a port number whose legal range is 1 to 16. SEE ALSO
emux_diag(1M), stty(1), termio(7), modem(7). emux_stty(1)