Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Serial printer cutting last page of long reports... Post 53264 by djsal on Friday 9th of July 2004 11:52:33 AM
Old 07-09-2004
Serial printer cutting last page of long reports...

Any ideas what could cause this? I have flow control set to XON XOFF on the printer and the on the OS level.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Skipping page by UNIX printer

I have HP UNIX 10.20 and whenever anything is printed on DFX 8000, it skips a page. How could I give an lp command so that a) the printer does not skip a page b) Even if it skips a page, the next time it should automatically use the blank page it has ejected. In this way, I can reduce the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

add printer on serial port

I want to add printer on a serial port can I get full details of all parameters like baudrate, parity,flow control, ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable form feed on a serial printer connected to Sco OpenServer

I connected a serial printer to my scoOpenServer which works great. I was able to disable the banner in the interface of the printer. However i am unable to find the command in the interface to disable the formfeed . Below is a copy of the interface file. Please can anyone instruct me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Accessing printer through serial port

Hey, im new to processing so any help you could give me would be much appreciated. I am trying to get control of the rollers on my 9 pin dot matrix printer (epson LX 300+). Initially I was going to do this through arduino but hope to do it through processing using the serialwrite programme. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hougeman
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX printer and extra blank page after each print

Guy's I have installed AIX direct Network printer as the below details.... printer1 hp@printer1 hplj-3 (HP-GL/2) Printer is printing fain and clearly but it's printing extra blank page after each print ? What's the couse of this problem ? Pls advice ! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
6 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Printer Issue: Blank Page Printing.

We have configured Network printers in AIX 6.1. We are facing a Weird problem in Printing. While printing the user is getting a blank page after 2 pages. Please let us know the cause of this issue and ways to rectify it. If this is problem with banner/feeds how to view the default banner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sugan_p
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cutting long text by special char around 100 byte and newline

Regard, How can i cut the text by special char(|) around 100 byte and write the other of the text at newline using Perl. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
3 Replies

8. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly

Hello. First happy new year to everybody. I have a script that generate a text file ( /tmp/part_list.txt for example ). This file can be edited using a kde graphical text editor like kate or kwrite The file can be printed out from command line or within the text editor using the print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Newbie reports: some posts show only the title and bottom-of-page menu. No text in the middle!

When I try to look at some of the posts (like "Rookie Grandmother"), I see the thread title and the menu at the bottom, but not the text of the post in the middle. I can see ALL of the posts in the Recent menu, but NONE of the others. The screenshot I attached shows the situation. I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRWoodward
2 Replies
curs_print(3X)															    curs_print(3X)

NAME
mcprint - ship binary data to printer SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int mcprint(char *data, int len); DESCRIPTION
This function uses the mc5p or mc4 and mc5 capabilities, if they are present, to ship given data to a printer attached to the terminal. Note that the mcprint code has no way to do flow control with the printer or to know how much buffering it has. Your application is responsible for keeping the rate of writes to the printer below its continuous throughput rate (typically about half of its nominal cps rating). Dot-matrix printers and 6-page-per-minute lasers can typically handle 80cps, so a good conservative rule of thumb is to sleep for a second after shipping each 80-character line. RETURN VALUE
The mcprint function returns ERR if the write operation aborted for some reason. In this case, errno will contain either an error associ- ated with write(2) or one of the following: ENODEV Capabilities for printer redirection do not exist. ENOMEM Couldn't allocate sufficient memory to buffer the printer write. When mcprint succeeds, it returns the number of characters actually sent to the printer. PORTABILITY
The mcprint call was designed for ncurses(3X), and is not found in SVr4 curses, 4.4BSD curses, or any other previous version of curses. BUGS
Padding in the mc5p, mc4 and mc5 capabilities will not be interpreted. SEE ALSO
curses(3X) curs_print(3X)