Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strncpy - coredump
Top Forums Programming Strncpy - coredump Post 52944 by vijaysabari on Wednesday 30th of June 2004 10:55:49 AM
Old 06-30-2004
Strncpy - coredump

haiu all

what makes strncpy to coredump

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

coredump

i create one executed file (based on c language). when 1 try to executed the file, the result show me the bus error (coredump). can you help me to solve this problem. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lala
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Set Up Coredump's

I am trying to set up coredumps on a server, I have enabled the coreadm, and have also set a path to whre the coredumps will go. I now need to set the ulimit , as this is set to 0. I made the change: ulimit -c 8192 but when I logged out and back in, it was set back to 0 again. I need to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzyvn6
1 Replies

3. Solaris

metainit gives coredump

SunOS unknown 5.9 Generic_118558-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 I'm trying to set up mirroring and am running into a problem: As you can see, I set up the metadb, but am getting a coredump when running metainit. I saw this through google, but don't know the validity of it. Any ideas? #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

4. Programming

strncpy(ver, buffer2 +5,2);

Hi, Can someone help me understand this code? strncpy(job, buffer2,5); strncpy(ver, buffer2 +5,2); Thanks for all the help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

coredump after every reboot

Every time I reboot our solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R) box, I get the messages below: # dmesg | grep dump Mar 24 12:39:55 hostname savecore: initial dump header corrupt Mar 24 12:39:55 hostname genunix: dump on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 size 700 MB Mar 24... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

6. Programming

Reg: strncpy function

Hi All, Please clear the following doubt. int main() { char str1; char str2 = "HelloWorld"; int len = strlen(str2); strncpy(str1, str2, len); str1 = '\0'; printf("%s", str1); } In the above program i'm initializing the 10th byte of str1 to null. what will happen to the memory of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunviswanath
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

handling a coredump on HP?

This works for all my normal executions. But on one machine, a coredump is expected on one command. We don't care and know it will always happen, but need to confirm the version info from the start of the output. This is output from the exe: $ ./Up -*-*- XXXXXXX UPDATE XXXXX Version... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
7 Replies

8. AIX

coredump: xsnaadmin

Hello! I do have an IBM pSeries 7043 server running AIX 5.2.0.0. Well, I do have trouble to run xsnaadmin tool remotely, I mean, the xsnaadmin tool can't run on exported X display. What I'm doing is aixserver>export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0 aixserver>xsnaadmin Segmentation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jssanche
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc throwing coredump

Hi Gurus, I tried bc 1000 % 10 on tcsh and ksh and its throwing a core dump on a sun solaris machine. uname -a SunOS azote 5.9 Generic_118558-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 Please let me know if you find anything. Thanks, Kinny (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
8 Replies

10. HP-UX

Coredump HP-UX 11.23 and 11.31

Hi, I'm looking for the help on how to implement coredump using the tools that comes with HP-UX 11.23 and HP-UX 11.31. To also avoid the the dump files fill-up the root disk when dump occurs. I'm new to this and would need step by step please. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
3 Replies
ABRT-ACTION-GENERA(1)						    ABRT Manual 					     ABRT-ACTION-GENERA(1)

NAME
abrt-action-generate-core-backtrace - Generates coredump-level backtrace SYNOPSIS
abrt-action-generate-core-backtrace [-v] [-r] [-d DIR] DESCRIPTION
This tool uses coredump from the file coredump and binary at the path stored in file executable in the problem directory to generate coredump-level backtrace. Coredump-level backtrace resembles ordinary backtrace in that it contains information about call frames present on the stack at the time of the crash. However, it only contains information that can be obtained from the coredump without debugging symbols available - mainly relative addresses of the stored instruction pointers. Such backtrace can still be useful for reporting and reproducing the bug and does not require debugging information files to be installed. The result is saved in the problem directory in a file named core_backtrace. Integration with libreport events abrt-action-generate-core-backtrace can be used as an analyzer for application crashes which dump core. Example usage in report_event.conf: EVENT=analyze analyzer=CCpp abrt-action-generate-core-backtrace OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -r Do not hash function fingerprints. Useful for debugging. -v Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. AUTHORS
o ABRT team abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-ACTION-GENERA(1)