Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO tape drive driver device file Post 52912 by mchitrakar on Tuesday 29th of June 2004 03:03:53 PM
Old 06-29-2004
tape drive driver device file

i have a sco-unix box. I want to access tape driver (sdt-700) on scsi. but i dont know how? where is this device file for tape driver is located? how do i access this tape? pls help this fool.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to ufsdump to a file instead of a tape device?

Eh... what the title says. :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PSC
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Copy a file from tape drive

Hi, How to copy a file (online.exp031204.tar.Z) from the tape drive /dev/rStp0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmanm
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PATH included in .o file of device driver

Hello friends, I am building one driver related to wifi. When I am looking its hex dump, I can see that it is including a path to one particular file of kernel headers. It is as under. 6C 75 65 2E 0A 00 00 00 25 64 2E 25 64 2E 25 64 lue.....%d.%d.%d 2D 25 73 00 00 00 00 00 42 45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxdevnoob
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
mt(1)							      General Commands Manual							     mt(1)

NAME
mt - magnetic tape manipulating program SYNOPSIS
tapename] command [count] Obsolescent tapename] command [count] DESCRIPTION
is used to give commands to the tape drive. If tapename is not specified, the environment variable is used; if is not defined, the default drive is used. winds the tape in the requested direction (forward or backward), stopping after the specified count EOF marks or records are passed. If count is not specified, one is assumed. Each EOF mark counts as one record. When winding backwards, the tape always stops at the BOT marker, regardless of the number remaining in count. accepts the following commands: Write count EOF marks. Forward space count files. Forward space count records. Backward space count files. Backward space count records. Rewind tape. Rewind tape and go offline. Seek to end of data (DDS and QIC drives only). Write count setmarks (DDS drives only). Forward space count setmarks (DDS drives only). Backward space count setmarks (DDS drives only). Print status information about the tape drive. Reserve tape drive for sole use by the host issuing the command (stape or estape driver only). Release tape drive from sole use by the host issuing the command (stape or estape driver only). Spacing operations (back or forward space file or record) leave the tape positioned past the object being spaced to in the direction of motion. That is, backspacing a file leaves the the tape positioned before the file mark, forward spacing a file leaves the tape positioned after the file mark. This is consistent with all classical usage on tapes. WARNINGS
Only raw, no-rewind Berkeley-type devices should be specified. This type of device will not reposition the tape upon close. An example of such a device is or See mt(7) for more details. It is possible to wind the tape beyond the EOT marker and off the end of the reel. A reservation may only be cleared with a release by the host that issued the original reserve. In the event that the host that holds the reservation is no longer available, the command may be used to reclaim the device by issuing a bus device reset. See st(1M) for more details. The reserve/release functionality can only be issued to drives using the or driver. EXAMPLES
Rewind the tape associated with the device file or (if legacy DSF is disabled): FILES
Raw magnetic tape interface (stape) Raw magnetic tape interface (estape) Default tape interface. If legacy DSF is disabled, the default value is AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
dd(1), st(1M), intro(7), mt(7). mt(1)