Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: suse graphic console
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers suse graphic console Post 5279 by nydel on Thursday 9th of August 2001 04:44:58 PM
Old 08-09-2001
if i set it to think i don't have a color graphics card will it still let me run xwindows?

i don't think you guys understand my problem. i'm using suse linux 7.2 and it comes with a graphic terminal.

not a graphic login or a graphic window manager. the console is white with a penguin water-mark and a green emboss border.

yea, the terminal where you type commands.

i just want to set it to normal white text on black background...i think i need someone who uses suse to answer this. maybe not.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start a shell script in a terminal console from graphic environment?

Hello. Normally when you double click on the file name, the shell script start in background. If you want to see what is going on, you must open a terminal console and start the shell within the terminal. Is it possible to start directly a shell script in a terminal console from the file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
0 Replies
volinstall(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volinstall(8)

NAME
volinstall - Sets up Logical Storage Manager (LSM) environment after LSM installation SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volinstall DESCRIPTION
The volinstall script sets up LSM special device files, and add the following lines to the /etc/inittab file: lsmr:s:sysinit:/sbin/lsmbstartup -b </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1 lsm:23:wait:/sbin/lsmbstartup -n </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1 vol:23:wait:/sbin/volreconfig -n </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1 The first line calls the /sbin/lsmbstartup script, which enables LSM to start automatically on system reboot. The second line calls the /sbin/volreconfig script, which handles any pending encapsulation requests. If /sbin/lsmbstartup is not added to the /etc/inittab file, LSM must be started manually after system reboot. Note The volinstall script is automatically invoked by the volsetup, clu_create, and clu_add_member commands. Therefore, running the volinstall script to set up LSM is usually not necessary. SEE ALSO
inittab(4), lsmbstartup(8), volencap(8), volintro(8), volsetup(8), volinstall(8)