Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: print queues
Operating Systems Linux print queues Post 52662 by jalburger on Wednesday 23rd of June 2004 10:14:04 AM
Old 06-23-2004
Thanks! That looks like what I needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Queues

I have a print queue set up with the following options: remote, standard processing, Hostname=(A Windows 2000 Server), bsd print spooler. It takes about 1 minute to transfer a 100 kb file and it times out (downs the queue) on larger files. When tested on a different system at a different location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottb7711
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

at queues

Hi, I submit some processes throught an at queue with the cmd at -q queue. I can easily check the waiting process with atq. But how can I check running processes within a specific queue ? Thanks, Stef (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stef
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Server Admin- Print queues

Hi there, I have some problems in re-setting up the print queues on XServe running Mac OSX Server 10.3.4 I did have the print queues running at some stage, until some unknown error occured that stopped all the queues from working. Recently I tried to re-create the queues, by deleting the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inprat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message queues

let 3 processes a, b and c are sharing msgs using msg queues.process 'a' sending msg to 'c' and in turn 'c' send sthat msg to 'b'.if something happens to c how can 'a' and 'b' know that 'c' is not available?????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukaam
2 Replies

5. BSD

Posix queues

Hi! Everybody%) I got a question like this: Does my FreeBSD5.1 support Posix queues. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamazi
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Print Queues

Can anyone help with the remote print queue setup for a Intermec label printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

message queues

#include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/msg.h> int main() { int qid; int t; struct msgbuf mesg; qid=msgget(IPC_PRIVATE,IPC_CREAT); mesg.mtype=1L; mesg.mtext=1; t=msgsnd(qid,&mesg,1,0); printf("%d",t); } the program prints -1 as the result of msgsnd ,which means that msgsnd doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tolkki
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

9. Programming

Scheduling Queues: Help

I have a problem understanding the different scheduling queues (Ready Queue, I/O Queue, Job Queue) Can you please explain/illustrate/differentiate these queues to me? Thanks a lot guys.;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Restarting CUPS will restart existing print queues?

Hi, We need to restart CUPS service, and want to know if restarting CUPS service will stop/start existing printing queues? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
XkbResizeKeyActions(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					    XkbResizeKeyActions(3)

NAME
XkbResizeKeyActions - Change the number of actions bound to a key SYNOPSIS
XkbAction * XkbResizeKeyActions (XkbDescRec *xkb, int key, int needed); ARGUMENTS
- xkb keyboard description to change - key keycode of key to change - needed new number of actions required DESCRIPTION
The xkb parameter points to the keyboard description containing the key whose number of actions is to be changed. The key parameter is the keycode of the key to change, and needed specifies the new number of actions required for the key. XkbResizeKeyActions reserves the space needed for the actions and returns a pointer to the beginning of the new array that holds the actions. It can change the acts, num_acts, and size_acts fields of xkb->server if it is necessary to reallocate the acts array. If needed is greater than the current number of keysyms for the key, XkbResizeKeyActions initializes all new actions in the array to NoAc- tion. Because the number of actions needed by a key is normally computed as width * number of groups, and XkbResizeKeyActions does not modify either the width or number of groups for the key, a discrepancy exists on return from XkbResizeKeyActions between the space allocated for the actions and the number required. The unused entries in the list of actions returned by XkbResizeKeyActions are not preserved across future calls to any of the map editing functions, so you must update the key actions (which updates the width and number of groups for the key) before calling another allocator function. A call to XkbChangeTypesOfKey updates these. If any allocation errors occur while resizing the number of actions bound to the key, XkbResizeKeyActions returns NULL. SEE ALSO
XkbChangeTypesOfKey(3), XkbResizeKeySyms(3) NOTES
A change to the number of actions bound to a key should be accompanied by a change in the number of symbols bound to a key. Refer to XkbRe- sizeKeySyms for more information on changing the number of symbols bound to a key. X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbResizeKeyActions(3)