Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: STOP A sequence
Operating Systems Solaris STOP A sequence Post 52537 by RajaRC on Tuesday 22nd of June 2004 02:00:33 AM
Old 06-22-2004
STOP A sequence

Hi,

I have a sun sparc system. I don't have a sun keyboard, hence i connected a pc keyboard.
I would like to know the "STOP A" equivalent command to be used on pc keyboard.

Regards,
Raja

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot Sequence

Hi everybody, I have to create a script and put it in the boot up sequence . Can you give me the path where i can put it? Sorry it's my first script. DElphine (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphine
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape sequence

Hi, I have got an application through which an user will submit an address like "c:\tuser\abc". This application calls a script and passes the address to the scripts positional parameter say $1. So $1 should contain "c:\tuser\abc", but when $1 is echoed the "\t" and "\a" are interpreted to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootup sequence

What is the boot up sequence in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ID generation in sequence

i have an xml tag. The value for the tag should be iterated through out the xml document. eg: <data><id><id><name>a</name><addr>aaa</addr><phnumb>3456</phnumb><state>ca</state><city>ny</city></data>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does fibonacci sequence script stop making sense at 92nd iteration?

So, Just for practice, I wrote a simple fibonacci sequence script in bash. (03:08:02\$ cat fib #!/usr/bin/bash ret () { echo -ne "\n" sleep .5 } a=1 b=2 echo -n $a #1 A ret echo -n $b #2 B ret (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Rm -rf * sequence

If I run rm -rf * command under one parent directory. /data > rm -rf * Is there anyway to know which files will be deleted first ? Start using code tags please, ty. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence extraction

i want to extract specific region of interest from big file. i have only start position, end position and seq id, see my query is: I have file1 is this >GL3482.1 GAACTTGAGATCCGGGGA GCAGTGGATCTCCACCAG CGGCCAGAACTGGTGCAC CTCCAGGCCAGCCTCGTC CTGCGTGTC >GL3550.1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpreetmanku04
14 Replies
usbkbm(7M)																usbkbm(7M)

NAME
usbkbm - keyboard STREAMS module for Sun USB Keyboard SYNOPSIS
open("/dev/kbd", O_RDWR) The usbkbm STREAMS module processes byte streams generated by a keyboard attached to a USB port. USB keyboard is a member of Human Interface Device (HID) Class, and usbkbm only supports the keyboard protocol defined in the specification. Definitions for altering key- board translation and reading events from the keyboard are in <sys/kbio.h> and <sys/kbd.h>. The usbkbm STREAMS module adheres to the interfaces exported by kb(7M). Refer to the DESCRIPTION section of kb(7M) for a discussion of the keyboard translation modes and the IOCTL section for the supported ioctl(2) requests. USB Keyboard usbkbm returns different values for the following ioctls than kb(7M): KIOCTYPE This ioctl() returns a new keyboard type defined for the USB keyboard. All types are listed below: KB_SUN3 Sun Type 3 keyboard KB_SUN4 Sun Type 4 keyboard KB_ASCII ASCII terminal masquerading as keyboard KB_PC Type 101 PC keyboard KB_USB USB keyboard The USB keyboard type is KB_USB; usbkbm will return KB_USB in response to the KIOCTYPE ioctl. KIOCLAYOUT The argument is a pointer to an int. The layout code specified by the bCountryCode value returned in the HID descriptor is returned in the int pointed to by the argument. The countrycodes are defined in 6.2.1 of the HID 1.0 specifications. KIOCCMD KBD_CMD_CLICK/KBD_CMD_NOCLICK The kb(7M) indicates that inappropriate commands for particular keyboards are ignored. Because clicking is not supported on the USB keyboard, usbkbm ignores this command KBD_CMD_SETLED Set keyboard LEDs. Same as kb(7M). KBD_CMD_GETLAYOUT The country codes defined in 6.2.1 of the HID 1.0 specification are returned. KBD_CMD_BELL/KBD_CMD_NOBELL This command is supported although the USB keyboard does not have a buzzer. The request for the bell is rerouted. KBD_CMD_RESET There is no notion of resetting the keyboard as there is for the type4 keyboard. usbkbm ignores this command and does not return an error. FILES
/kernel/strmod/usbkbm 32-bit ELF kernel STREAMS module ( platform only) /kernel/strmod/sparcv9/usbkbm SPARC 64-bit ELF kernel STREAMS module See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ dumpkeys(1), kbd(1), loadkeys(1), ioctl(2), keytables(4), attributes(5), hid(7D), usba(7D), virtualkm(7D), kb(7M) STREAMS Programming Guide System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io DIAGN0STICS None 27 June 2005 usbkbm(7M)