Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming use gcc and link with a library Post 52507 by AUBERT on Monday 21st of June 2004 11:54:40 AM
Old 06-21-2004
use gcc and link with a library

Hello,

J have a problem when I use gcc:
This comand works:
gcc -shared -fpic -I/usr/include/sys -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib/librt.sl essai1.c mylib.sl

but

gcc I/usr/include/sys -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib/librt.sl essai2.c -o essai
don't work.

The first command creates a dynamique library and link the library librt.sl
The second commad creates an executable file using the library librt.sl.
In this library are defined the functions mq_open mq_send etc.. that I use in essai.c, but when I launc this command I have the following message:
/usr/ccs/bin/ld : Unsatisfied symbols
mq_send(code)
mq_open(code)
mq_close(code)l
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status.

Some can help me Thank a lot !
Fréderic

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gcc Link problem

I have some crypting functions in object-file - for example,func.o Main file,from where crypting functions called, named as main.cpp . "gcc main.cpp -o main func.o" print "undefined reference to ... " But if I rename main.cpp to main.c and execute "gcc main.c -o main func.o" - ok. If anybody,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gigachel
3 Replies

2. Programming

How to link lib or Dll using gcc

I had this lib which I don't have access to the source code and is created by micosoft Visual C++ compiler ...... Right now I want to reuse this lib as part of my new project which only has gcc as the only compiler... I had the problem that the lib won't link to my other c code... my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuwang
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. Solaris

link a library compiled with SC 5.9 on a machine with SC5.8

Is it possible to link a library compiled on Solaris 10 with SunCompiler 5.9 in a project compiled with SC 5.8 ? Is there an option to "downgrade" the SC5.9 => SC5.8 to be sure of the compatibility ? Thanks 4 your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarastus
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

6. Linux

Linux Library symbolic link damaged

Hi, firstly I am not so familiar with linux and i think i have done some damage to the red hat server. It seems that now in command line I am unable to use any basic command whatsoever (ls, move, cp, bash, etc). I was trying to deploy an application and have changed the symbolic link (soft... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaxx
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Figure out the minimum os version neede to run executable or link library.

Hello, I need to figure out the minimum OS version needed to run some executable. For the following OS: Linux, AIX, Solaris. For example how do I know the minimum OS version for /bin/ls ? "file" command does not give me much information. There are some tools that are helpful for understanding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
4 Replies

8. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xserver shared library link is gone

I am administering an Xserver v10.6.8 and I updated the ports using Macports self update. I received this error when calling the program R dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libicuuc.48.dylib Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/R/lib/x86_64/libR.dylib Reason: image not found Trace/BPT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzilla07
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library

First of all -- thanks for being patient with me. I hope I'm submitting this correctly. Also I haven't done UNIX Admin since the early 1990's. I'm actually a DBA. But, since I'm the one in the office with the UNIX experience, I'm the SA. I haven't been able to compile GCC 6.3.0 which I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
9 Replies
libplot(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						     libplot(3LIB)

NAME
libplot, lib300, lib300s, lib4014, lib450, libvt0 - graphics interface libraries SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lplot [ library... ] #include <plot.h> DESCRIPTION
Functions in this library generate graphics output. INTERFACES
The shared object libplot.so.1 provides the public interfaces defined below. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object interfaces. arc box circle closepl closevt cont erase label line linemod move openpl openvt point space FILES
/usr/lib/libplot.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libplot.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib300.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib300.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib300s.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib300s.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib4014.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib4014.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib450.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib450.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/libvt0.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libvt0.so.1 64-bit shared object ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pvs(1), intro(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Jun 2003 libplot(3LIB)