Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: process on file
Top Forums Programming process on file Post 52484 by FastMagister on Sunday 20th of June 2004 12:13:46 PM
Old 06-20-2004
process on file

Hello,

I need to write this C program:

MyProgram <user>

that write on myfile.txt file all <users> 'process.

MyProgram must call the ps -u <user> command, but with an exec or with a system?

can any one help me?

Thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process all file

I have several file in the directory. I try to run a encrypt script but one file processed only. data_files='Ma*.txt' for file in $data_files do java Encrypt key.txt $data_files done How i can process all the file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazri76
2 Replies

2. AIX

process the old file first

hello i have direcotry in which i will be getting a number of input files with different names and i need to write a script where i need to process the older file first and then come out of the loop. can any one throw some light appreciate (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file > process > output to file

Hi all, OK, I am totally new to shell scripting as I just started today. All I want from shell scripting is something very basic, and I've been searching for tutorials on "processing files" and I could not find a suitable one for my level. I want to read two columns from a data file, one raw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file is loaded completely and then process the file

I need to write a script which checks for files loaded into a folder (files are loaded by ftp from other server) and process the file only if the file is loaded completely. if the file is not complete in the current run, it must be processed in the next run. Any suggestions would be welcome... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyan381
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: process file

Hello, i have a file as below: ... AAA: 1 BBB: 2 CCC: 3 AAA: 11 BBB: 22 CCC: 33 AAA: 111 BBB: 222 CCC: 333 .... how to process it by using AWK to this: (AAA BBB CCC) .... 1 11 111 2 22 222 3 33 333 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0916981
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Process each File!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here in unix. I'm just wondering how can i process each file while in sftp? is it possible? Ex. server1 1.txt 2.txt how can i get the top of the file and process it. output: 1.txt is going to process because it's in the top. i can't figure out how to do it. T_T... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to copy a binary file while the file is being written to by another process

Hello, Can I copy a binary file while the file is being written to by another process? Another process (program) “P1” creates and opens (for writing) binary file “ABC” on local disk. Process P1 continuously write into ABC file every couple of seconds, adding 512-byte blocks of data. ABC file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbuki
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: How to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file executes by UNIX process

Hello Team- we would like to implement an approach which has to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file is executing by Unix process. At present,it is writing the log file once the process is completed. I've tested the current process with the below approaches and none of them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hima_B
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)