Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX unable to change kernel params? Post 52460 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 18th of June 2004 02:14:28 PM
Old 06-18-2004
Did you resolve this?

All i can say is you can do it from the command line as well... I am assuming you processed the new kernel when rebooting?

Using kmtune you can manually set new values for kernel parms...

#kmtune -u -s parm=value

Read the man page for kmtune and you can see it there...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change params for time zone

Hi! How ican change parameters for daylight, i mean, i want change the daylight on december first week. I've tried with /usr/lib/tztab but result unsuccessful. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agustincm
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change a kernel parameter

Hello and thank you everyone that has helped guide me in the past. I need to change the max_thread_proc parameter in order for certain Oracle utilities to function correctly. It is currently set at 64. I am a dba not an sa so please excuse my lack of knowledge on something that is probably... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How to change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE

Hi, How can I change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE??:confused::confused: Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 kernel Params, Set/Get?

I am experienced with Solaris 8 where this type of thing was handled from /etc/system but now I have a Solaris 10 server and I am having trouble determining how to interact with the kernel parameters. I need to know how to check the values of the following, of the DB people I work with. MAX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

RAMDISK: EOF while reading compressed data ...Kernel panic - Unable to mount root

I was following this tutorial on How install the rpmfusion nvidia drivers in Fedora 13: F13, F12 & F11 Nvidia driver guides - FedoraForum.org Here's the tutorial: And this is what I did: First I executed the following commands: su rpm -Uvh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyxn3t
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to identify logged in kernel and to change it too

Hi, I am a user, do have root if needed via sudo. We are using Solaris. In my home directory, i have only one file ending with "rc" in it, "local.cshrc." I am guessing this is c shell kernel config file. Can I confirm that shell i am logged into is cshell ? How to set up so that i can use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude1113
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to boot after updating to kernel-3.1.4-1 in fedora 16

hi guys, I was using kernel-3.1.2-1 in fedora 16. then updated to kernel-3.1.4-1. after reboot now grub shows command prompt instead of boot menu. i tried to load manually with: set root=(hd0,msdos3) linux /vmlinuz-3.1.4-1.fc16.x86_64 initrd /initramfs-3.1.4-1.fc16.x86_64.imgbut in the middle... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to change the passwd

bash-3.00# passwd sami New Password: Re-enter new Password: Dec 14 00:07:43 hack passwd: passwdutil: crypt_gensalt Invalid argument passwd: Unexpected failure. Password database unchanged. Permission denied i got this error while i am change the user(sami) passwd. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samiulla
3 Replies

9. Slackware

/boot: how do I change the current kernel?

Slackware 14.0 Hi: I once changed the smp kernel running in my system by another one in /boot. What I did was to relink /boot/System.map, /boot/vmlinuz and /boot/config. But I don't remember if I did something else. Would that alone be OK. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stf92
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Unable to change password

I need to change password of a non-root user on HPUX. Due to some local policy, it is not allowing me to do so. I need to keep same (previous) password, as that is application user. Can I bypass policy for this time, for this user somehow ? I am root on this machine. # uname -a HP-UX thprnv02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
MODINFO(8)																MODINFO(8)

NAME
modinfo - program to show information about a Linux Kernel module SYNOPSIS
modinfo [ -0 ] [ -F field ] [ -k kernel ] [ modulename|filename... ] modinfo -V modinfo -h DESCRIPTION
modinfo extracts information from the Linux Kernel modules given on the command line. If the module name is not a filename, then the /lib/modules/version directory is searched, as is also done by modprobe(8) when loading kernel modules. modinfo by default lists each attribute of the module in form fieldname : value, for easy reading. The filename is listed the same way (although it's not really an attribute). This version of modinfo can understand modules of any Linux Kernel architecture. OPTIONS
-V --version Print the modinfo version. -F --field Only print this field value, one per line. This is most useful for scripts. Field names are case-insenitive. Common fields (which may not be in every module) include author, description, license, parm, depends, and alias. There are often multiple parm, alias and depends fields. The special field filename lists the filename of the module. -k kernel Provide information about a kernel other than the running one. This is particularly useful for distributions needing to extract information from a newly installed (but not yet running) set of kernel modules. For example, you wish to find which firmware files are needed by various modules in a new kernel for which you must make an initrd/initramfs image prior to booting. -0 --null Use the ASCII zero character to separate field values, instead of a new line. This is useful for scripts, since a new line can theo- retically appear inside a field. -a -d -l -p -n These are shortcuts for author, description, license. parm and filename respectively, to ease the transition from the old modutils modinfo. COPYRIGHT
This manual page originally Copyright 2003, Rusty Russell, IBM Corporation. Maintained by Jon Masters and others. SEE ALSO
modprobe(8) 2010-03-01 MODINFO(8)