Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Accessing FTP on Linux
Operating Systems Linux Accessing FTP on Linux Post 52325 by TioTony on Wednesday 16th of June 2004 12:42:29 AM
Old 06-16-2004
Check your config against my post in this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?s...ighlight=vsftp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Problem accessing network using Linux

Ok, here at work, we have Windows computers which login into a MS domain server. Some of us also have Linux boxes which get a ip address from the dhcp server. We can see other boxes and see the internet until about 1 week ago. Now, we still get a ip address but can't see anything within our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Accessing a FTP Server hosted on Linux

We have set-up a FTP server on a Linux machine, which sits behind a firewall. Most users outside our firewall can access it, but one user in particular cannot. I assume it has something to do with their firewall rules. It appears that they can connect with no problem but the server does not grant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing UNIX Data over LINUX

Hello! Unfortunatly i'm totaly new with UNIX and LINUX... Actually Problem is i have some data on floppy disk which was written on UNIX system 5 version now i have installed LINIX ver 9 is there any way i can access unix data on linux 9? if so please reply me with commands i shall be very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xohaib
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Accessing linux via telnet

I have installed linux in my virtual PC under my windows system. I am trying to access it via windows using putty but i couldn't do so. Could you please help me gurus. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

accessing windows 2k3 partition from Linux Advance Server 3

Dear all i hav dual operating system ie windows 2003 and Red Hat Advance Server3 trying to mount windows partition on linux operating system using the following method 1)mkdir /mnt/windows 2)mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows mount: fs type ntf not supported by kernel and my kernel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ascii FTP from Linux to Linux adding carriage returns

Hi, I've got an issue with a shell script that FTP's a file from one Linux server to another Linux server. My script runs on a Linux server and creates an output file (from a database call), and then FTP's this file to another Linux server. The problem is that, even though the output file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roysterdoyster
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for application that simplifies for non techie people accessing unix/linux env

Hello all I searched the net but didn't found any application that wrap ssh connection with GUI interface so that non techie people can connect to unix/linux accounts and work with files , so it will looks like there familiar Microsoft windows directory structure . Please don't answer with ..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
6 Replies

8. AIX

FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .

HI , I'm facing the FTP connection refused from text editor while accessing AIX server .It showing the messege "can't create ftp connection connectin refused".Though it is accessible from putty . i'm using aix version 6 . Can any one let me know the seetings needs to be made so that i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmkganesh
2 Replies

9. Linux

Problem in accessing Oracle Database Server from Linux Machine

I am facing a strange issue in connecting to Oracle database from Linux Machine - The connectivity is not failing all the time , the failure to success ratio is 1:70. - Error "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist" - Majority of the time the connection... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji kumar
6 Replies

10. Programming

Accessing directories in Linux

I'm new to Linux and trying to port a c++ program from windows. what I'm trying to do is copy a file to a directory off the root of the drive First off the program is located and running from Drive:\Base\Web\Today\Program.exe And trying to copy to: Drive:\Base\cpics windows... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinbot
10 Replies
Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::FTP - Simple FTP authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::FTP; my $ftp = Authen::Simple::FTP->new( host => 'ftp.company.com' ); if ( $ftp->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::FTP PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleFTP_host "ftp.company.com" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::FTP AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Authenticate against a FTP service. METHODS
* new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: * host Connection host, can be a hostname or IP number. Defaults to "localhost". host => 'ftp.company.com' host => '10.0.0.1' * port Connection port, default to 21. port => 21 * timeout Connection timeout, defaults to 60. timeout => 60 * log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::FTP') * authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple. Net::FTP. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "ch@ngmedia.com" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-01 Authen::Simple::FTP(3pm)