Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gnu C
Top Forums Programming Gnu C Post 52244 by arkadius on Monday 14th of June 2004 03:44:43 PM
Old 06-14-2004
If you want to programm on Linux you have to use th gcc. There are some differences between Windows and Linux. For example, you can not use conio.h beacuse this is not a part of the linux compiler. So, if you want to use some commands like getch you need curses. This is a good package for the compiler with many features and better than conio.h . have fun with coding...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

GNU/Solaris

i am looking forward to this one: http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=11672#11672 i thought that the gentoo community would release the first opensolaris distri, but perhabs we will get a chance to try opensolaris within 1/2 hour installation and not 12 hours "gentoo-stage_1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNU Date

I know there are some posts on getting the time with milliseconds included and I realize unix may not be the best on this. I have seem some posts where its advised to install the GNU date. Any one know where I can download this as I am struggling to find it. Alternatively - if you have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU screen

Hello, One of the things I like about screen is that it has a scrollback buffer, which if you go into the copy mode, will let you go back for a specified number of line. Is there a way to extend the number of scrollback lines in screen? I've looked thoroughly online and I could not find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

non GNU utilities

Hi Chaps, Does anyone know of a source of proprietary unix utilities. I often fall into the trap of testing a spot of code on my linux machine, posting the answer in the forums and then realise that the solution may only work with the GNU utils that I use, and not standard posix ones (if there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wempy
4 Replies

5. BSD

Anyone using GNU BSD?

Is anyone using or planning to use GNU BSD in production yet? I'd like to hear experiences. (Debian GNU/NetBSD) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpsville
8 Replies

6. AIX

GNU findutils

Hi, We are running 64-bit AIX 6.1. I have gcc 4.2.0 on our system. I'd like to get the latest copy of GNU findutils on the server. From what I see, I have two basic options: 1) download source code and compile using gcc or 2) download rpm and install. Would someone please point me in the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eben Yong
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU C Compiler

Hi Frds, I am new to unix forums. With lot of hope, i'm posting this thread. I want to understand GCC functionality(from commandline parsing to Assembly code generatio). i have relavant source code with me. But i felt little bit difficulty in understanding / reading each line of code. Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthu_u
5 Replies

8. Debian

GNU Barcodes

I wish to be able to print a barcode .5 inches from top of the page and centered. I generate the barcode - yes 12345 | head -84 | barcode -p 5x5.0cm -umm -e CODE39 > test.ps; and print - lpr -o media=letter -#1 -P LJ1012 /var/www/test.ps -o page-top=33 -o page-bottom=44 -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using GNU Regex

I'm just learning Regex and while testing my understanding I received some unexpected results. I created example.txt with the text "abcddd". Running the command grep --color 'd' example.txt I received the results: "abcddd" with the first and second letter d highlighted in red. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rthomas529
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU = inventions that nobody wants?

Stumbled over this today on GNU/Linux, output from ps -fp : UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 3516 1 0 2017 ? 00:00:13 syslogd -m 0 UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD syslog 2952 1 0 2017 ? 00:02:08 rsyslogdSTIME showing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
8 Replies
z88dk(1)							z88 Development Kit							  z88dk(1)

NAME
z88dk - The z88 Development Kit. DESCRIPTION
The z88 Development Kit (hereafter known as z88dk) is an advanced set of tools allowing the production of complex programs for z80 based computers in either C or assembly language. The name z88dk originates from the time when the project was founded and targetted only the Cambridge z88 portable. The compiler featured in z88dk is much enhanced Small C compiler, the compiler accepts many features of ANSI C and is only deficient in a few areas where implementation on a z80 processor might prove inefficient. The compiler performs simple optimizations, but the bulk of the optimization is done by a set of peep-hole rules, which will typically reduce the size of a large project by up to a third. The libraries supplied with z88dk are designed to be as generic as possible, indeed it is possible to port to a new machine simply by supplying two library routines and some startup code. It is hoped that one day z88dk will support as many z80 based machines as there is information available and sufficient interest in. z88dk contains usable tools: o zcc - the frontend of z88dk is called zcc, it is this that you should call if you want to do any compilations. o z80asm - Z80 assembler compiler o copt - Z80 asm optimizer code o appmake - produce files which are suitable for use in emulators or on the real hardware o sccz80 - Small-C/Plus compiler SEE ALSO
z88dk(1), z88dk-zcc(1), z88dk-z80asm(1), z88dk-appmake(1), z88dk-copt(1). AUTHOR
z88dk was written by Dominic Morris <dom@z88dk.org>, and others. This manual page was written by Krystian Wlosek <tygrys@waw.pdi.net> using exists documentation, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. 01 December 2009 z88dk(1)