Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with /export/home
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with /export/home Post 5224 by LivinFree on Thursday 9th of August 2001 01:53:35 AM
Old 08-09-2001

Have you tried running fsck (or an equivelant) on the filesystem? It may be a valid problem. I don't know if badblocks exists on Solaris installations, but if so, run that too...

HTH

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Relocating directory /export/home to a bigger filesystem

My 2GB /export/home/ directory is almost 100% full df -k | grep /export/home /dev/vx/dsk/rootdg/vl73 2031711 1951009 19751 99% /export/home I intend to relocate it to a different 4GB filesystem late at night when there is no user on the system. How do I go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Msororaji
3 Replies

2. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

3. Solaris

automountd [24] : Mount of /export/home problem

Hi Guys, Thanks for taking the time to read the problem i having outlined below: Before i go into the problem can you please tell me what the following means? a. "dt" stands for and what does it means? Configuration Below: 1x Unix Server 2x Unix Terminals (both systems are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/export/home question

please could someone explain what is /export/home used for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venhart
1 Replies

5. Solaris

A query regarding /export/home in Solaris

Friends, I am new to Solaris, but familiar with Linux. Could you throw some light on the need for /export/home directory in Solaris. In Linux, the default home directory for a normal user is /home/<username>. If domain concept is implemented, then the /home directory of server will be mounted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Quotas on /export/home

Hello all, I am trying to set quotas on /export/home filesystem for some of our users on a Solaris Zone I know that you would be redirecting me to some of the documentation pages, but I have already done that. The /export/home on the Zone is a Veritas FS and I cannot see an entry for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
4 Replies

7. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Migrate /export/home from storage path to local

I am newbies in solaris, hope u guys can help me, I need to transfer /export/home directory that currently mount at storage and migrate into local disk. may i know the best way to do it? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deeo
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)