Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX checking to see if logical disks are mirrored. Post 52210 by tommy on Monday 14th of June 2004 05:57:17 AM
Old 06-14-2004
Hi,
please check with "lsvg -l <vgname>" command if your rd and db logical volumes exist.

Following commands could be used to find out how logical volume is mirrored:

# lsvg
rootvg
# lsvg -l rootvg
rootvg:
LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT
hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/syncd N/A
hd6 paging 48 96 2 open/syncd N/A
hd61 paging 48 96 2 open/syncd N/A
hd8 jfslog 1 2 2 open/syncd N/A
hd4 jfs 5 10 2 open/syncd /
hd2 jfs 173 346 2 open/syncd /usr
hd9var jfs 86 172 2 open/syncd /var
hd3 jfs 40 80 2 open/syncd /tmp
hd1 jfs 8 16 2 open/syncd /home
hd10opt jfs 3 3 1 open/syncd /opt
# lslv -l hd5
hd5:N/A
PV COPIES IN BAND DISTRIBUTION
hdisk0 001:000:000 100% 001:000:000:000:000
hdisk6 001:000:000 100% 001:000:000:000:000
# lslv -m hd5
hd5:N/A
LP PP1 PV1 PP2 PV2 PP3 PV3
0001 0001 hdisk0 0001 hdisk6

--Tommy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

logical volume partially mirrored

Hello I have a question On one of my aix servers if I type lsvg -l rootvg I got this 0516-1147 : Warning - logical volume waslv may be partially mirrored. waslv jfs2 277 477 3 open/syncd /usr/WebSphere If I type lslv -m waslv |more waslv:/usr/WebSphere... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Creating an image of a mirrored disks

Hi guys, I havent done this before but iam trying to create an image of a mirrorred drive. Correct me if iam wrong, but when i have two disks setup in raid configuration and have them mirrored in solaris. It then defines at one entity. How would i create a "flar" image of that one entity... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do logical AND and logical OR with grep

Hi can someone please help me on this. I need to perform this code: Grep any lines that meets the following criteria (A AND B) OR (A AND C) I tried this code, but it didn't work Grep-I "A &&B" | "A&&C" *.* $ thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Backup for HW Mirrored Disks

We use SW mirroring (RAID1) using SVM for our SUN servers (which we OEM to end clients with our application on). When I need to make a tape backup for the server (disk), I disable mirroring and perform backup of the entire disk to tape using ufsdump. This process requires an outage and sensitive as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] How to determine that you have 2 disks mirrored ?

hi every body i want to know which command tell me more detailes to know the 2 disks mirrored or not ? in group like vg00 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

To identify if local disks are mirrored

Hello All, Am trynig to identify if the local HD's on our BL860 (running 11v3) are indeed mirrored to each other. Cheers, Cameron (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Are my disks mirrored ?

# metastat d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 14582208 blocks (7.0 GB) d11: Submirror of d1 State: Okay Size: 14582208 blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to extend mirrored VG?

Hi all, I need to extend a lv, but unfortunately I do not have enough space on my mirrored Volume group. I've planned to add 2 more disks to this vg (for mirroring) But ... what's the next steps to extend my lv using these 2 disks with a valid mirroring ? 1. extendvg myvg disk1 disk2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

[Solved] How to extend a mirrored logical volume?

Want to extend the /home filesystem: Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol4 262144 260088 2056 99% /home root@server:./root # vgdisplay vg00 --- Volume groups --- VG Name /dev/vg00 VG Write Access read/write VG Status available Max LV 255 Cur LV 11 Open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies
CCD(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    CCD(4)

NAME
ccd -- Concatenated disk driver SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device ccd [count] DESCRIPTION
The ccd driver provides the capability of combining one or more disks/partitions into one virtual disk. This document assumes that you're familiar with how to generate kernels, how to properly configure disks and pseudo-devices in a kernel con- figuration file, and how to partition disks. Note that the 'raw' partitions of the disks must not be combined. Each component partition should be offset at least one cylinder from the beginning of the component disk. This avoids potential conflicts between the component disk's disklabel and the ccd's disklabel. The kernel will only allow component partitions of type FS_CCD. But for now, it allows partition of all types since some port lacks support of an on- disk BSD disklabel. The partition of FS_UNUSED may be rejected because device driver of component disk will refuse it. In order to compile in support for the ccd, you must add a line similar to the following to your kernel configuration file: pseudo-device ccd 4 # concatenated disk devices The count argument is how many ccds memory is allocated for at boot time. In this example, no more than 4 ccds may be configured. A ccd may be either serially concatenated or interleaved. To serially concatenate the partitions, specify the interleave factor of 0. If a ccd is interleaved correctly, a ``striping'' effect is achieved, which can increase performance. Since the interleave factor is expressed in units of DEV_BSIZE, one must account for sector sizes other than DEV_BSIZE in order to calculate the correct interleave. The kernel will not allow an interleave factor less than the size of the largest component sector divided by DEV_BSIZE. Note that best performance is achieved if all component disks have the same geometry and size. Optimum striping cannot occur with different disk types. Also note that the total size of concatenated disk may vary depending on the interleave factor even if the exact same components are concate- nated. And an old on-disk disklabel may be read after interleave factor change. As a result, the disklabel may contain wrong partition geometry and will cause an error when doing I/O near the end of concatenated disk. There is a run-time utility that is used for configuring ccds. See ccdconfig(8) for more information. WARNINGS
If just one (or more) of the disks in a non-mirrored ccd fails, the entire file system will be lost. FILES
/dev/{,r}ccd* ccd device special files. SEE ALSO
config(1), MAKEDEV(8), ccdconfig(8), fsck(8), mount(8), newfs(8) HISTORY
The concatenated disk driver was originally written at the University of Utah. BSD
March 5, 2004 BSD