Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: associated file types
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory associated file types Post 52140 by norsk hedensk on Thursday 10th of June 2004 09:17:22 PM
Old 06-10-2004
thats what i think he means too. well it depends on what gui you are using. if you are using KDE then it has its own way of doing it, if you are using gnome it has ITs own way of doing it.

suggestion:

click on it as if you were opening it, what happens? does it ask you want you want to run it with? look in that box for something that says "always open with this" or something similar.

we need more info such as what gui you are using to give you a specific answer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

File types help needed

Hi all, quick question... Im trying to configure Redhat 9 to dial out to my ISP AOL. I have found some software to do this but at present I can't get net access under Linux for the reason stated. I can however acces the net using my laptop running windows. The question is: I have downloaded... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brady9953
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What file types does unix support?

Hello, I've search this site many times and ave not been able to find my answer. So I'm going to post my question....(duh) Ok. I'm wanting to know what file types does unix support. if you can try and list them like this: php, .php or somthing like that. plus don't forget that I said I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgames
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Details on the ls command and file types

Hey y'all, I need some help with the nitty gritty of the ls command. -First off in the man pages in the -l mode the first character can be "door" can anyone tell me what a door is??? -also in the -l mode the first character can be "fifo"or"pipe" can anyone tell me what a this is??? -What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob358
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file that contains 2 types of delimeters

I am trying to write a script and failing miserably. I have a file that looks something like this; 20050924-155819;Backoffice;1037;0;DDT-TCP/IP;;0;Node 20050924-155902;Unknown;1036;0;DDT-TCP/IP;;0;Node 20050924-155922;FrontOffice;1040;5;DDT- The desired result is one file containing only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgadoa
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search two file types within a for loop

I need to search for a csv and a dat file within a for loop then output them to a log table. I can do it individually but I want them together. See below code: check csv count=0 for file in $(ls *.csv) ; do count=`expr $count + 1` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Types of File in a directory

Hello, I have several thousand files with different extensions in a directory. Is there a single command to get what the various extensions are with a single command. Thanks for your help! Best, Guss (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Copy certain file types recursively while maintaining file structure on destination?

Hi guys, I have just been bothered by a fairly small issue for some time now. I am trying to search (using find -name) for some .jpg files recursively. This is a Redhat environment with bash. I get this job done though I need to copy ALL of them and put them in a separate folder BUT I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does linux recognize file types?

Hey , I was wondering how does Linux recognize file types if he doesn't use extensions to determine the file type ? It's just a question not for a script or something else. thnx:o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eclecticaa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp -r except certain file types

the following excludes certain directories successfully cp -r probe/!(dir) /destination I want to exclude certain file types and tried unsuccessfully cp -r probe/!(*.avi) /destination (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file types

Hello everyone - I have a task of listing files from a directory together with their type. I tried using ls -l | file -b or different versions of that but that did not work. I will need this to be in a C shell script that will list the file name, size and type from a directory. I can do... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianvas12
12 Replies
GIT-GUI(1)							    Git Manual								GIT-GUI(1)

NAME
git-gui - A portable graphical interface to Git SYNOPSIS
git gui [<command>] [arguments] DESCRIPTION
A Tcl/Tk based graphical user interface to Git. git gui focuses on allowing users to make changes to their repository by making new commits, amending existing ones, creating branches, performing local merges, and fetching/pushing to remote repositories. Unlike gitk, git gui focuses on commit generation and single file annotation and does not show project history. It does however supply menu actions to start a gitk session from within git gui. git gui is known to work on all popular UNIX systems, Mac OS X, and Windows (under both Cygwin and MSYS). To the extent possible OS specific user interface guidelines are followed, making git gui a fairly native interface for users. COMMANDS
blame Start a blame viewer on the specified file on the given version (or working directory if not specified). browser Start a tree browser showing all files in the specified commit (or HEAD by default). Files selected through the browser are opened in the blame viewer. citool Start git gui and arrange to make exactly one commit before exiting and returning to the shell. The interface is limited to only commit actions, slightly reducing the application's startup time and simplifying the menubar. version Display the currently running version of git gui. EXAMPLES
git gui blame Makefile Show the contents of the file Makefile in the current working directory, and provide annotations for both the original author of each line, and who moved the line to its current location. The uncommitted file is annotated, and uncommitted changes (if any) are explicitly attributed to Not Yet Committed. git gui blame v0.99.8 Makefile Show the contents of Makefile in revision v0.99.8 and provide annotations for each line. Unlike the above example the file is read from the object database and not the working directory. git gui blame --line=100 Makefile Loads annotations as described above and automatically scrolls the view to center on line 100. git gui citool Make one commit and return to the shell when it is complete. This command returns a non-zero exit code if the window was closed in any way other than by making a commit. git gui citool --amend Automatically enter the Amend Last Commit mode of the interface. git gui citool --nocommit Behave as normal citool, but instead of making a commit simply terminate with a zero exit code. It still checks that the index does not contain any unmerged entries, so you can use it as a GUI version of git-mergetool(1) git citool Same as git gui citool (above). git gui browser maint Show a browser for the tree of the maint branch. Files selected in the browser can be viewed with the internal blame viewer. SEE ALSO
gitk(1) The git repository browser. Shows branches, commit history and file differences. gitk is the utility started by git gui's Repository Visualize actions. OTHER
git gui is actually maintained as an independent project, but stable versions are distributed as part of the Git suite for the convenience of end users. A git gui development repository can be obtained from: git clone git://repo.or.cz/git-gui.git or git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/git-gui.git or browsed online at http://repo.or.cz/w/git-gui.git/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-GUI(1)