Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reading files for specific dates Post 52041 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 8th of June 2004 04:19:15 PM
Old 06-08-2004
Code:
find /data . -name 'filename*' -mtime -1

Change the minus one to a value that goes back 188(?) days to January 2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate specific hours between 2 dates

Hi there, I am trying to find out a way to calculate how many hours are between 2 dates but from a specific time range, actually working hours (Monday to Friday 09:00 - 18:00). What I mean is for example date1 = Monday 21 July 2008 22:00:00 so in python 2008-07-21 22:00:00 date2 = Wednesday... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find files with specific dates and cp another folder.

Hi all, We have an existing script: find /u03/oraprod/perpcomn/admin/out -type f -ctime +7 \ -exec cp {} "/u08/oraprod/backup/cout" \; Which is to find all files more than 7 days and copy to another folder. However I would like to only list files with Sep 29, and cp to another folder. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log files, displaying logs between specific dates

Sorry, couldn't really think of a simple subject/title. So, I have a log file, and the dates are displayed like so: 2009-03-05 02:49:44 So the first and second field are the date/time. I can change them into a unix timestamp easily with: date -d "2009-03-05 02:49:44" +%s However,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file and comparing the dates in Kshell

I have a text file in which holidays are listed as YYYYMMDD. Here is the sample data of the file. 20090911 20090912 20090913 I need to read this file and see if the current day is listed in this text file. If today and any of the rows in my text file match, I need to do further... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on reading dates in folders/files

Hi All, I have some folder that are named "FOLDERYYYYMM". I'm trying to piece together a .sh script that will look for the folder with the date. How can I get shell to see the date? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[bash] Reading two files and change a specific field

Hi all. I have 2 files like these: file1 3 -2 5 4 . . . 3 3 3 4 . . . 2 2 3 4 . . . 3 -2 8 4 . . . file2 0.4242 2 3 4 . . . 2.562 7 3 4 . . . 0.7242 5 5 4 . ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: t_studen_t
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading the dates from a file & moving the files from a directory

Hi All, I am coding for a requirement where I need to read a file & get the values of SUB_DATE. Once the dates are found, i need to move the files based on these dates from one directory to another. ie, this is how it will be in the file, SUB_DATE = 20120608,20120607,20120606,20120606... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two dates in a specific format ?

Hello, I am not able to find how to compare two dates in '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S,%3N' format i have to two dates as below date1="2016-08-24 09:47:40,444" date2="2016-08-24 10:45:40,567" how to compare these two dates ? I have tried below without success if ; then echo 'yes'; fi ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Moving files with specific dates

Hi, These are the list of files in one directory in the server : # ls -lrt total 10120 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4484 Jul 8 2011 install.log.syslog -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 51890 Jul 8 2011 install.log -rw------- 1 root root 3140 Jul 8 2011 anaconda-ks.cfg drwxr-xr-x 2 root root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
FSDB(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   FSDB(8)

NAME
fsdb -- FFS debugging/editing tool SYNOPSIS
fsdb [-dFn] -f fsname DESCRIPTION
fsdb opens fsname (usually a raw disk partition) and runs a command loop allowing manipulation of the file system's inode data. You are prompted to enter a command with ``fsdb (inum X)>'' where X is the currently selected i-number. The initial selected inode is the root of the filesystem (i-number 2). The command processor uses the editline(3) library, so you can use command line editing to reduce typing if desired. When you exit the command loop, the file system superblock is marked dirty and any buffered blocks are written to the file system. The -d option enables additional debugging output (which comes primarily from fsck(8)-derived code). The -F option indicates that filesystem is a file system image, rather than a raw character device. It will be accessed 'as-is', and no attempts will be made to read a disklabel. The -n option disables writing to the device, preventing any changes from being made to the filesystem. COMMANDS
Besides the built-in editline(3) commands, fsdb supports these commands: help Print out the list of accepted commands. inode i-number Select inode i-number as the new current inode. back Revert to the previously current inode. clri Clear the current inode. lookup name cd name Find name in the current directory and make its inode the current inode. Name may be a multi-component name or may begin with slash to indicate that the root inode should be used to start the lookup. If some component along the pathname is not found, the last valid directory encountered is left as the active inode. This command is valid only if the starting inode is a directory. active print Print out the active inode. uplink Increment the active inode's link count. downlink Decrement the active inode's link count. linkcount number Set the active inode's link count to number. ls List the current inode's directory entries. This command is valid only if the current inode is a directory. blks List the current inode's blocks numbers. findblk disk block number ... Find the inode(s) owning the specified disk block(s) number(s). Note that these are not absolute disk blocks numbers, but offsets from the start of the partition. rm name del name Remove the entry name from the current directory inode. This command is valid only if the current inode is a directory. ln ino name Create a link to inode ino under the name name in the current directory inode. This command is valid only if the current inode is a directory. chinum dirslot inum Change the i-number in directory entry dirslot to inum. chname dirslot name Change the name in directory entry dirslot to name. This command cannot expand a directory entry. You can only rename an entry if the name will fit into the existing directory slot. chtype type Change the type of the current inode to type. type may be one of: file, dir, socket, or fifo. chmod mode Change the mode bits of the current inode to mode. You cannot change the file type with this subcommand; use chtype to do that. chflags flags Change the file flags of the current inode to flags. chown uid Change the owner of the current inode to uid. chgrp gid Change the group of the current inode to gid. chgen gen Change the generation number of the current inode to gen. mtime time ctime time atime time Change the modification, change, or access time (respectively) on the current inode to time. Time should be in the format YYYYMMDDHHMMSS[.nsec] where nsec is an optional nanosecond specification. If no nanoseconds are specified, the mtimensec, ctimensec, or atimensec field will be set to zero. quit, q, exit, <EOF> Exit the program. SEE ALSO
editline(3), fs(5), clri(8), fsck(8) HISTORY
fsdb uses the source code for fsck(8) to implement most of the file system manipulation code. The remainder of fsdb first appeared in NetBSD 1.1. WARNING
Use this tool with extreme caution -- you can damage an FFS file system beyond what fsck(8) can repair. BUGS
Manipulation of ``short'' symlinks doesn't work (in particular, don't try changing a symlink's type). You must specify modes as numbers rather than symbolic names. There are a bunch of other things that you might want to do which fsdb doesn't implement. BSD
January 3, 2004 BSD