Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Cross platform Authentication Post 51771 by Optik on Tuesday 1st of June 2004 07:20:15 AM
Old 06-01-2004
solaris 9. Any pros/cons using Windows Services for Unix?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

configuring packages for cross-platform build

Hi all, I wish to build a few packages for my embedded target running linux over ARM9. It would be tough for me to compile my packages on target so I need to build on a host machine and then transfer the generated binaries. So I got the source-tarball for the packages I need. Now here are my two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really simple cross-platform database?

I'm looking for a really simple to use lightweight database. Ideally something open-source that stores data in a (semi-) human-readable format, in case the software isn't working. Something cross-platform enough that I can use it on my Linux machine, my Mac, or stick it on a USB stick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emdan
2 Replies

3. Debian

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
1 Replies
Net::LDAPI(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Net::LDAPI(3)

NAME
Net::LDAPI - use LDAP over a UNIX domain socket SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAPI; $ldapi = Net::LDAPI->new('/var/run/ldapi'); # alternate way use Net::LDAP; $ldapi = Net::LDAP->new('ldapi://'); DESCRIPTION
Communicate using the LDAP protocol to a directory server using a UNIX domain socket. This mechanism is non-standard, UNIX-specific and not widely supported. All the normal "Net::LDAP" methods can be used with a "Net::LDAPI" object; see Net::LDAP for details. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [SOCKPATH] ) Create a new connection. SOCKPATH can optionally be specified, to specify the location of the UNIX domain socket to connect to. If SOCKPATH is not given, the environment variable "LDAPI_SOCK" is evaluated, and if that does not exist, the value "/var/run/ldapi" is used. See "new" in Net::LDAP for further details. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, IO::Socket::UNIX BUGS
None yet. AUTHOR
Derrik Pates <dpates@dsdk12.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2004, Derrik Pates and Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-06 Net::LDAPI(3)