Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Click here to search
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Click here to search Post 5177 by Optimus_P on Wednesday 8th of August 2001 11:07:04 AM
Old 08-08-2001
my poor eyes are healing quickly. Smilie

Mutcho better-a-tioso.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Click here for the best unix in the world!!!!

To anyone who asks which Unix is the best... or which one I should use... Probably the best timeline I have ever seen. Read this link... http://www.levenez.com/unix/history.html#08 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Left click select,right click copy

Hi all, when i ssh into my linux machine, i can do a double left click and then right click to paste it anywhere i need. However, on the actual machine, in the terminal, i cannot do a double left click and right click to paste it. i need to right click and select Copy followed by click click... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

control click variables

I want to be able to control click (Mac) and be able to select from a context menu...run file....and have it dynamically run based on the control click. How do I get the control click absolute path of the filename? Are there different variables like directory, fullpath, extention? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting for right click

Hi All, how do i write a bash script to mimic my right button click.. we have a design software which gives results based upon our conditon, and we can right click and it will show options to export as a particular file, As i want to do the above sequence for several iterations, is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the folder which I right click

Hi! I don't use to program much with unix but it would be useful to create a script to move a folder to a default directory. For example I right click on a directory and the script moves it to the home folder At the moment I've this but doesn't work: and I also tryed this and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to Right Click On Laptop

I have had an apple mac book for several months. I have been learning about it, I even got the snow leopard manual. It says nothing about right clicking on the apple mouse interface(trackpad?). How do I do this? Thank You.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

CURL Button Click Issue

I am trying to perform a button click via cURL and I am having an issue possibly due to java script on click. The HTML source code is: <input id="ctl00_SPWebPartManager1_g_1bb6dc86_55ab_4ea9_a4db_4747922a8202_ctl00_RequestOption_0" class="radio" type="radio" checked="checked" value="1"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: js0505
5 Replies
ARC4RANDOM(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     ARC4RANDOM(3)

NAME
arc4random, arc4random_buf, arc4random_uniform, arc4random_stir, arc4random_addrandom -- arc4 random number generator LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> uint32_t arc4random(void); void arc4random_buf(void *buffer, size_t length); uint32_t arc4random_uniform(uint32_t upper_bound); void arc4random_stir(void); void arc4random_addrandom(u_char *dat, int datlen); DESCRIPTION
The arc4random() function provides a high quality 32-bit pseudo-random number very quickly. arc4random() seeds itself on a regular basis from the kernel strong random number subsystem described in rnd(4). On each call, an ARC4 generator is used to generate a new result. The arc4random() function uses the ARC4 cipher key stream generator, which uses 8*8 8 bit S-Boxes. The S-Boxes can be in about (2**1700) states. arc4random() fits into a middle ground not covered by other subsystems such as the strong, slow, and resource expensive random devices described in rnd(4) versus the fast but poor quality interfaces described in rand(3), random(3), and drand48(3). The arc4random_buf() function fills the buffer with length bytes of ARC4-derived random data. The arc4random_uniform() function returns a uniformly distributed random number less than upper_bound avoiding modulo bias when the upper bound is not a power of two. The arc4random_stir() function reads data from /dev/urandom and uses it to permute the S-Boxes via arc4random_addrandom(). There is no need to call arc4random_stir() before using arc4random(), since arc4random() automatically initializes itself. SEE ALSO
rand(3), rand48(3), random(3) HISTORY
An algorithm called RC4 was designed by RSA Data Security, Inc. It was considered a trade secret, but not trademarked. Because it was a trade secret, it obviously could not be patented. A clone of this was posted anonymously to USENET and confirmed to be equivalent by several sources who had access to the original cipher. Because of the trade secret situation, RSA Data Security, Inc. can do nothing about the release of the ARC4 algorithm. Since RC4 used to be a trade secret, the cipher is now referred to as ARC4. These functions first appeared in OpenBSD 2.1. BSD
February 4, 2011 BSD