Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ps truncated output
Operating Systems Solaris ps truncated output Post 51685 by renoc on Friday 28th of May 2004 04:57:09 AM
Old 05-28-2004
ps truncated output

Hi
Problem of ps on Solaris 8 and 9

Perhaps a silly question but I can't find a solution.

the output of the command ps -ef is truncated.

I've tried to change the terminal settings with stty putting
a big number of colums: no change.

Following the man page of ps i have set the variable COLUMNS to
a big value : no change! Trying this with ls works !!!!

Any Idea
Thanks
Rene

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps output truncated

Hi! I have some shell scripts receiving in input lots of parameters and I need to select the ones having a particular value in one parameter. A typical shell command line is: PROMPT > shell_name.ksh -avalue_a -bvalue_b -cvalue_c -dvalue_d ... I used a combinaton of ps and grep commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pciatto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps output truncated

Hi! I have some shell scripts receiving in input lots of parameters and I need to select the ones having a particular value in one parameter. A typical shell command line is: PROMPT > shell_name.ksh -avalue_a -bvalue_b -cvalue_c -dvalue_d ... I used a combinaton of ps and grep commands... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pciatto
5 Replies

3. AIX

PS truncated in AIX

folks; how can i get longer output than the one i got by using "/usr/ucb/ps awwx"? :mad: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncated with a pipe?

OK, I'm stumped. I have a shell script that reads a list, and for every item in the list performs a lookup in our Active Directory. Now, it seems that when I pipe the results into grep, the complete results are not there (truncated?). I'm not sure if this is a limit of the pipe, grep, shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File gets truncated

Hi Guys, I have a master script file. That calls the other script files. The sub script files append some of the data to the log file. Once the master script completes one sub script execution and returns to execute other sub script that appends to the same log file. the log file gets... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

6. Linux

relocation truncated to fit

Hi, I am getting linking error i.e. /ade/aime_urtk/oracle/has/include/caa_ResStateListener.hxx:79: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_GO T16 vtable for CAA::ResourceStateListener /ade/aime_urtk/oracle/has/lib//libcaad.a(caa_Main.o)(.text+0x88e6): In function `CAA::ResourceStateL... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgobbur
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output from sed getting truncated

Hi all, I have used sed command with a file of size 7KB and stored the output to another file. When i look into the output file, a few file lines at the bottom have got truncated. The sed statement i used is as below. Why does this happen and how to resolve this. SQL=`sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhan@29
3 Replies

8. Solaris

ps output truncated

Hi, I have Solaris-10 server. /usr/ucb/ps auxww is showing full path if I am running it from root. But if I run it from non-root user, its output is truncated. I don't want to use any other alternate command. Please suggest, what can be its solution. Terminal is set to term. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
21 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem piping find output to awk, 1st line filename is truncated, other lines are fine.

Today I needed to take a look through a load of large backup files, so I wrote the following line to find them, order them by size, and print the file sizes in GB along with the filename. What happened was odd, the output was all as expected except for the first output line which had the filename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ps -ef, output getting truncated, please help

Hi All, here is an output of my command and the problem is that my output string is truncated, I want to exact the full string, I am on BASH shell, please help me out. Regards Rahul command with Output : lonss05903:cmdsvc01 /home/cmdsvc01 > ps -aef|grep 'Copy' cmdsvc01 2642 8675 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
7 Replies
scconf_dg_svm(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 scconf_dg_svm(1M)

NAME
scconf_dg_svm - change Solaris Volume Manager device group configuration. SYNOPSIS
scconf -c -D [generic_options] DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The following information is specific to the scconf command. To use the equivalent object-oriented commands, see the cldevicegroup(1CL) man page. A Solaris Volume Manager device group is defined by a name, the nodes upon which this group can be accessed, a global list of devices in the disk set, and a set of properties used to control actions such as potential primary preference and failback behavior. For Solaris Volume Manager device groups, only one disk set can be assigned to a device group, and the group name must always match the name of the disk set itself. In Solaris Volume Manager, a multihosted or shared device is a grouping of two or more hosts and disk drives that are accessible by all hosts, and that have the same device names on all hosts. This identical device naming requirement is achieved by using the raw disk devices to form the disk set. The device ID pseudo driver (DID) allows multihosted devices to have consistent names across the cluster. Only hosts already configured as part of a disk set itself can be configured into the nodelist of a Solaris Volume Manager device group. At the time drives are added to a shared disk set, they must not belong to any other shared disk set. The Solaris Volume Manager metaset command creates the disk set, which also initially creates and registers it as a Solaris Volume Manager device group. Next, you must use the scconf command to set the node preference list, the preferenced, failback and numsecondaries subop- tions. If you want to change the order of node preference list or the failback mode, you must specify all the nodes that currently exist in the device group in the nodelist. In addition, if you are changing the order of node preference, you must also set the preferenced suboption to true. If you do not specify the preferenced suboption with the "change" form of the command, the already established true or false setting is used. You cannot use the scconf command to remove the Solaris Volume Manager device group from the cluster configuration. Use the Solaris Volume Manager metaset command instead. You remove a device group by removing the Solaris Volume Manager disk set. OPTIONS
See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. See metaset(1M) for the list of metaset related commands to create and remove disk sets and device groups. Only one action option is allowed in the command. The following action options are supported. -c Change the ordering of the node preference list, change preference and failback policy, and change the desired number of secondaries. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating and Registering a Disk Set The following metaset commands create the disk set disksetand register the disk set as a Solaris Volume Manager device group. Next, the scconf command is used to specify the order of the potential primary nodes for the device group, change the preferenced and fail- back options, and change the desired number of secondaries. host1# metaset -s diskset1 -a -h host1 host2 host1# scconf -c -D name=diskset1,nodelist=host2:host1, preferenced=true,failback=disabled,numsecondaries=1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), cldevicegroup(1CL), scconf(1M), metaset(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Jul 2006 scconf_dg_svm(1M)