Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Audio HELP Please!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Audio HELP Please! Post 5165 by Randy on Wednesday 8th of August 2001 09:24:20 AM
Old 08-08-2001
Set the AUDIO to your unqualified hostname; you may want to set SPEAKER to internal or external, depending on where you have a speaker. Remember to export the envs. Also try:

/opt/audio/bin/asecure -C and
/opt/audio/bin/asecure -d

and if this doesn't cut it, try searching hp's site for patches.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

2. Programming

Playing Audio files in C

Hi All, Looking for an assistance on how to access the speakers of my machine and play audio files using C. Any tutorials will be of great help. Regards, Sayantan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sayantan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Audio-Text in Unix

Hello all, Could anyone help to me :as to how can i record an audio file in unix and convert it into a text . Or anything with audio recording to get started would help . thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phantom308
3 Replies

4. Solaris

realteak HD Audio Chipset

I am wondering if there is a way to get opensolaris to accept my realteck hd audio chip set. dmesg Thu Oct 23 22:47:38 EDT 2008 Oct 23 22:34:49 opensolaris Use is subject to license terms. Oct 23 22:34:49 opensolaris unix: features:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

save audio thats being played.

I want to save a song which is being played from internet. I cant find where it gets cached. Im also not sure if the whole sing will remain in the cache while the song finishes. There must be a way using /dev/audio or something. Im not able to figure out. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbala
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to install the audio software in my pc

Hi, my friend refer me here he was saying that they have the best solution and really good wisdom of the UNIX system , i am learning and trying to install the audio software in my pc , but it 's not working may be i am forgetting something. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maggilane
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Audio cropping in Linux

Hello, i have Debian 6.x and Gnome desktop. Looking for some lightweight app to trim and crop mp3, wma or similar files. I already have ffmpeg installed. I tried to load 29Mb file to Audacitty and it was frozing whole day untill i turned off PC. Some simple tool, even command line,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies
AUDIO(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  AUDIO(3)

NAME
audio - digital audio input and output SYNOPSIS
bind -a #A /dev /dev/audio /dev/volume DESCRIPTION
The audio device serves a one-level directory, giving access to the stereo audio ports. Audio is the data file, which can be read or writ- ten to use the port. Audio data is a sequence of stereo samples, left sample first. Each sample is a 16 bit little-endian two's comple- ment integer; the default sampling rate is 44.1 kHz. Some implementations only support audio output and return a zero length when read. Volume is the control file associated with the audio port. Each input and output source has an associated stereo volume control, ranging from 0 (quiet) to 100 (loud). In addition, there are controls for the sampling rate of the D/A and A/D converters and for any tone con- trols. Reads return lines of the form source in left value right value out left value right value possibly abbreviated if the values are shared or non-existent. For example, if all of the values are shared, the form degenerates to `source value'. Valid sources depend on the particular audio device, though all devices have a audio stereo source, which controls the output volume from the D/A converter connected to audio. Writes accept the same format with same abbreviations. Writing the string reset sets all of the attributes to their default value, and if no attribute is supplied, audio is assumed. The Sound Blaster 16 (or MCD) is half-duplex and has the following controls. audio out Data written to audio. synth in out MIDI synthesizer. cd in out CD player. line in out Line-level input. mic in out Monaural microphone input. speaker in out Monaural internal speaker connection. treb out Stereo treble tone control. Values less than 50 decrease the treble, those greater increase it. bass out Stereo bass tone control. speed in out Sampling rate for the D/A and A/D converters, expressed in Hz. Defaults to 44100. Indigo audio is full-duplex and has the following controls. audio out Data written to audio. line in out Line-level input. mic in out Microphone input. aes in out Digital input. Nextstation audio is output only and has the following controls. audio Data written to audio. deemp A value of zero turns off the stereo de-emphasis filter, any other value turns it on. SOURCE
/sys/src/9/*/devaudio.c AUDIO(3)