Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Checking for PXE
Operating Systems Solaris Checking for PXE Post 51519 by maestro@altiris on Saturday 22nd of May 2004 05:21:07 AM
Old 05-22-2004
Checking for PXE

Hi!

Is there any possibility to determine whether some Solaris machine has PXE enabled? I need some kind of a utility, which I could invoke remotely.

Thanks!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

2. SCO

Network PXE load for SCO 5.0.6

I have a Dell 1850 and trying to load OS and my applications using PXE. How can I stage new servers using Network drive. Want to move away from Tape and go towards network load. Thx Sean. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smoaref
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

PXE Kickstart not happening

We have a lab where installation is done through PXE . The installation always run fine usually but suddenly we are getting the below mentioned error any idea whats happening ? ==quote== | Erros parsing Kickstart Config | The following error was found while parsing your kickstart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thevishy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PXE diskless boot fails

Hi, I am trying to setup a server for a diskless boot of a computer class (with ubuntu) I followed the guidelines in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DisklessUbuntuHowto I have two computers: one is the server I installed and the other is my macbook on which I run a virtual machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yotamhc
8 Replies

5. Linux

PXE Very Slow During the installation.

Hi all, I have a problem with PXE Server. I have finished to configure PXE Server with DHCP. when I create a new Machine on my vSphere and turn it on the installation process takes more then 2 hours . I have configured on my ESX Server new Switch that is dedicated for this installation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfinkelstine
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

pxe boot server

Hi Hoping someone can help ove setup a pxe/dhcp boot server for auto installs on centos My server seems to be providing dhcp fine but the installation fails to progress when it reaches the pxe boot menu. I make my selection and nothing happens. I am serving the media via http from the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make pxe file bootable

hi, i recently built a pxe file the problem is I don't know how to add it in the pxe server. I was wondering if you guys know how to add my pxe file in the pxe server so that when I run the device we're using, I can go lan boot then at boot: I will just type a text and it will boot the built... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)