Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Easy question.. from a df -k command 205181344 = 200 gigs, right? Post 51440 by anarchie on Wednesday 19th of May 2004 07:14:50 PM
Old 05-19-2004
No, it's still 1024. It just says 1000 on the box.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easy question

Hi, Simple question. How do I convert a unix text file to a dos text file? Thanks Helen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

easy question

I know the Sun Solaries versions are ( 2.3 , 2.4 , 2.5 ... 7 , 8 ) . But some times I see sun os v5.x what does it mean ?? also what is the last new machine for sun and what are its details specifications . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another easy question

Hello Again, Ok guys. Thanks again for your help last time but I am in need of your experience again. I wrote this script: #!/bin/sh # List either files or directories in individual accounts # using 1, 2 or 3 with invalid case $1 in echo select 1 to see the FILES in your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A easy question.

this is the simple question, please help me! the question is: how to send exactly 50 ICMP Echo request packets with 500 bytes of payload to 202.139.129.221? I tried to use ping -F 500 202.139.129.221, but it didn't work. Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikikaka
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

easy unix question

I am trying to check through all of a certain type of file in all main directories, and find the top 10 that are taking up the most space. How can I do that? I was thinking like du *.file | sort -n | head (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wallacer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hopefully an Easy Question

I have a file name in this format ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD_00.DAT I need to cut out the _00 out of the file name everytime. It could be _00, _01,_02, etc .... How do I cut it out to look as follows? ABC_WIRE_TRANS_YYYYMMDD.DAT (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

easy question

Hi everybody: Could anybody tell me if I have several files which each one it has this pattern name: name1.dat name2.dat name3.dat name4.dat name10.dat name11.dat name30.dat If I would like create one like: name_total.dat If I do: paste name*.dat > name_total.dat (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy seq Question

Hi! I'm trying to do this: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - I'm using seq for this: seq 1 20 > filename.txt How do I get the "-"? I've tried -f per man but can't get anything to work. Also, is there an easier or better way than using sequence? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonyBe
6 Replies
df(1B)						     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						    df(1B)

NAME
df - display status of disk space on file systems SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/df [-a] [-i] [-t type] [filesystem...] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The df utility displays the amount of disk space occupied by currently mounted file systems, the amount of used and available space, and how much of the file system's total capacity has been used. If arguments to df are path names, df produces a report on the file system containing the named file. Thus `df .' shows the amount of space on the file system containing the current directory. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Report on all filesystems including the uninteresting ones which have zero total blocks (that is, auto-mounter). -i Report the number of used and free inodes. Print ` * ' if no information is available. -t type Report on filesystems of a given type (for example, nfs or ufs). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using df A sample of output for df looks like: example% df Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on sparky:/ 7445 4714 1986 70% / sparky:/usr 42277 35291 2758 93% /usr Note that used+avail is less than the amount of space in the file system (kbytes); this is because the system reserves a fraction of the space in the file system to allow its file system allocation routines to work well. The amount reserved is typically about 10%; this can be adjusted using tunefs (see tunefs(1M)). When all the space on a file system except for this reserve is in use, only the super-user can allocate new files and data blocks to existing files. When a file system is overallocated in this way, df can report that the file system is more than 100% utilized. FILES
/etc/mnttab List of file systems currently mounted /etc/vfstab List of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
du(1), quot(1M), tunefs(1M), mnttab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 df(1B)