Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about Sun 9 HCL
Operating Systems Solaris about Sun 9 HCL Post 51069 by qmemo on Monday 10th of May 2004 02:00:29 PM
Old 05-10-2004
ok but

ok I can do that I Guess.
But I have noticed some things During the installation.
when I used the first cd labeld (sol-9-u6-install-x86) and after going with what it prompts me to do, and rebooting the system, I find that web installer is launched asking me if I want to install (java_es_03Q4-solaris-x86-iso) and others I don't remmber them now.
I say now and exit's the web installer and reboot I find that it Don't launch another time, so I decided to install from ccd labeld (sol-9-u6-x86-v1), and go with after I am prompted to do, and say full installation with oem support, the installation after that went fine and well, rebooted, asked for cd 2 labeld (sol-9-u6-x86-v2), and the installation went from it just fine, done root password set, ...etc during install.
ok were done.
the configration assistant I belive it is so called ( my bad experince with Solaris Drives me to drop every good idea I had on it before .... sorry ...this can be fixed ......later) deticted my devices fine and every thing is comptable even sound card !
after the last reboot of the system,
I get the boot menu x86 active, solaris
i hit for the x86 and see the proccess coming up expet for send mail it try's to send mail to somethn I don't know for sure, I login as root...choose my window manger and am in.
try to play any sound from an audio cd I have ..the system tells me that there is no sound devices!!!
I added a user throw the admin tool.
qustion......how that system shut's down?
I tried every thing but it just don't shutdown and gives me the command line inbut....do you know how did I manged to get the power off?
i rebooted the system then powerd off before it starts.(may be that's lame but .....what would you have done if you were me?)

Help me please

qmemo

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How accurate is the HCL for Solaris 10?

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that is running Solaris 8. I believe I meet the minimum requirements for Solaris 10 but the Ultra 5 is not on the HCL. This will be my first ever Solaris upgrade so do I follow the HCL guidelines? TiA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)