Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing True Type fonts on Unix - Please help Post 50927 by RTM on Wednesday 5th of May 2004 02:47:48 PM
Old 05-05-2004
First - the man page I linked for you shows what the file extensions should be for the mkfontdir. Ttf is not one of them.

Second - read this info doc - should be very helpful.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ on True Unix Platform

Hi all: I would like to get some details about development using C++ on TRUE Unix platform. Can anyone help me ?? Thanks, -Mandar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandar3
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

TRUE Unix-64 Printer Driver for HP-6L laserjet.

Can anyone suggest me from where to download the printer driver for HP 6L laserjet printer for servers/desktops having TRUE Unix-64 and Unixware 7.0 OS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parbende
1 Replies

3. Linux

Installing new fonts

Hi All, I'm running RH 7.3 and wish to install new fonts on the box ? What are the steps in downloading and installing new fonts ? Thanks, KENT (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

you have more and one unix type?

As a formem unix newbe I Just wanted to tell you about this cool site for all you confused people. If you need to support more than one unix type: Use this one. It's a life saver. http://www.unixguide.net/unixguide.shtml here (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing fonts on UNIX

I am fairly new to UNIX, and my company has a UNIX based Firewall with a spam filter configured on the Firewall. I have been able to pick up on most of the commands needed for administration purposes, but I have come into a problem when a Korean contractor tries to send my company an e-mail. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhavesh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep in unix version True 64

Dear All I have a unix version (True 64 ) and i want to grep some of data from zipping files with extention(.gz) altyhough i wouldn't to unzip these files, so can you help me grep these data in one command without unzip files. Note:- In othe version of unix (i forget that version) i used the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
2 Replies

7. Linux

Installing Fonts on RHEL4

Hello All, I want to install some fonts from my unix box (Tru64) to linux box (RHEL4). I know what all steps are required, like > mkfontdir > fc-cache > xset fp rehash The problem is i am not able to find out which font is actually required from unix box to be installed on linux box. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurjain
1 Replies

8. Solaris

True Type Font in Solaris

Hello, It is not related to scripting or unix command but it is related to Solaris environment setup. I'm a web developer, in my web application (J2EE using WebLogic 8.1) currently it's running in Windows. We are planning to have Disaster Server in Solaris host. In my application, we are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
1 Replies
Template::Plugin::URL(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Template::Plugin::URL(3)

NAME
Template::Plugin::URL - Plugin to construct complex URLs SYNOPSIS
[% USE url('/cgi-bin/foo.pl') %] [% url(debug = 1, id = 123) %] # ==> /cgi/bin/foo.pl?debug=1&id=123 [% USE mycgi = url('/cgi-bin/bar.pl', mode='browse', debug=1) %] [% mycgi %] # ==> /cgi/bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&debug=1 [% mycgi(mode='submit') %] # ==> /cgi/bin/bar.pl?mode=submit&debug=1 [% mycgi(debug='d2 p0', id='D4-2k[4]') %] # ==> /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&debug=d2%20p0&id=D4-2k%5B4%5D DESCRIPTION
The "URL" plugin can be used to construct complex URLs from a base stem and a hash array of additional query parameters. The constructor should be passed a base URL and optionally, a hash array reference of default parameters and values. Used from with a template, it would look something like the following: [% USE url('http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl') %] [% USE url('/cgi-bin/bar.pl', mode='browse') %] [% USE url('/cgi-bin/baz.pl', mode='browse', debug=1) %] When the plugin is then called without any arguments, the default base and parameters are returned as a formatted query string. [% url %] For the above three examples, these will produce the following outputs: http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse /cgi-bin/baz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1 Note that additional parameters are separated by '"&"' rather than simply '"&"'. This is the correct behaviour for HTML pages but is, unfortunately, incorrect when creating URLs that do not need to be encoded safely for HTML. This is likely to be corrected in a future version of the plugin (most probably with TT3). In the mean time, you can set $Template::Plugin::URL::JOINT to "&" to get the correct behaviour. Additional parameters may be also be specified to the URL: [% url(mode='submit', id='wiz') %] Which, for the same three examples, produces: http://www.somewhere.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl?mode=submit&id=wiz /cgi-bin/bar.pl?mode=browse&id=wiz /cgi-bin/baz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1&id=wiz A new base URL may also be specified as the first option: [% url('/cgi-bin/waz.pl', test=1) %] producing /cgi-bin/waz.pl?test=1 /cgi-bin/waz.pl?mode=browse&test=1 /cgi-bin/waz.pl?mode=browse&debug=1&test=1 The ordering of the parameters is non-deterministic due to fact that Perl's hashes themselves are unordered. This isn't a problem as the ordering of CGI parameters is insignificant (to the best of my knowledge). All values will be properly escaped thanks to some code borrowed from Lincoln Stein's "CGI" module. e.g. [% USE url('/cgi-bin/woz.pl') %] [% url(name="Elrich von Benjy d'Weiro") %] Here the spaces and ""'"" character are escaped in the output: /cgi-bin/woz.pl?name=Elrich%20von%20Benjy%20d%27Weiro An alternate name may be provided for the plugin at construction time as per regular Template Toolkit syntax. [% USE mycgi = url('cgi-bin/min.pl') %] [% mycgi(debug=1) %] AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin perl v5.12.1 2008-11-13 Template::Plugin::URL(3)