Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions free VMWARE clone for windows? Post 50921 by dangral on Wednesday 5th of May 2004 12:17:26 PM
Old 05-05-2004
free VMWARE clone for windows?

I'm looking for a free alternative to VMWARE, that will function in the same way. Bochs is not an option, and I can't seem to find any other viable software that will run on Windows. Cygwin is not what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of public license software that is like VMWARE?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

free download indigo perl for windows

i want test perl program with indigo perl before i transfer it to the web, where i could get a free one software (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeoous
2 Replies

2. BSD

X-Windows Free BSD

so, i have a video card SIS s315 AGP and i can't cofigure X Free on free BSD to run X window. Anybody can help me solve this problem?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dmitri-br
2 Replies

3. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can not ping from Solaris VMWare to Windows

Dear All, I have installed Sun Solaris 10 on VMWare 6.5 completely and i have configured IP address already. Solaris's IP Address (on VMWare) is 192.168.10.241 and Windows xp that contain VMWare IP address is 192.168.10.125, but when i ping from solaris to my windows it didn't response at all.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veasnabee
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Connectivity between Solaris 10 in VMWare and windows Host

I have installed Open Solaris 10 on VMware which is hosted on Windows XP, my PC. I would like to have a connection between Solaris and Windows, so that i can SSH/Telnet from windows to Solaris. I don't have any Internet connection. Please help me with the network connection settings i have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsachin245
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Share folder between vmware and windows

when i try to mount share folder in redhat mount share -t vmboxfs /mnt it shows no filesystem vmbox:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
4 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Connecting windows to Vmware

Hi , I have installed Centos 6.5 in my VMWare on windows 7 , My Internet is running fine on both VMWare OS and windows 7 . When I am trying to connect from putty on my window to Vimware Linux but it does not connect. Please help what should I do to connect the window system to Linux System (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
6 Replies

8. Linux

Need suggestions or references to find a way to get free Linux on Windows

Hi all, I am sorry if this is a repetitive question and would be happy if I get directed to a source where I can find details about this. I have a laptop with windows 8, 8 GB RAM and 1 TB hard disk with most of the memory available for use. I am trying to find a good option to install Linux... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
8 Replies
VMWARE-HGFSCLIENT(1)						   Open VM Tools					      VMWARE-HGFSCLIENT(1)

NAME
vmware-hgfsclient - hgfs client access SYNOPSIS
vmware-hgfsclient DESCRIPTION
This is a simple console application and can be run as any user. vmware-hgfsclient is a userspace HGFS client implementation. It will prob- ably one day become a full featured HGFS filesystem driver. OPTIONS
vmware-hgfsclient has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-hgfsclient and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-HGFSCLIENT(1)